Leidos currently has an opening for an Autonomous Systems Embedded Software Engineer to support the development and integration of Underwater Vehicle programs that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across multiple Department of Defense agencies. This position is located at either the Lynnwood or Poulsbo, WA office.
- Support software development efforts for multiple projects
- Assist in streamlining software tooling and processes on the team
- Aid in troubleshooting software defects and perform root-cause analysis
- Provide system administration and infrastructure management of software development environments
- Support for basic code writing in C++, Python, or a similar language
- Support for software test events as a test operator and support engineer
- Bachelor’s degree with 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Basic language skills in C/C++
- A desire to learn and grow technically in a variety of areas
- Experience and background with troubleshooting software issues
- Ability to communicate and share ideas, concepts, designs, and technical plans with other engineers
- An eagerness to solve complex problems and work together with both junior and senior-level developers to achieve project goals
- Constant integrity in working with our employees and customers
- Exposure to languages such as C#, Java, Python, Rust, and others
- Experience with Agile-based methodologies using the Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket) or similar tools
- Experience with Linux and Windows systems
- Experience with virtualized development and production environments (VMware)
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $82,000.00 - $110,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.