- Provide guidance, assistance, and coordination to systems developers, systems administrators, and other IT specialists to ensure verified and timely implementation of IT security standards for systems both under development and already deployed.
- Document, manage, and control the integrity of changes to all systems security documentation, including standard operating procedures and user guides that provide detailed instructions for implementing IT systems security policies.
- Assist in the selection of minimum-security controls to establish a baseline of measures to prevent security breaches of the information system, document the selected security controls in the security plan and initial Risk Assessment Report (RAR), and, document an approved continuous monitoring strategy.
- Document the security control implementation, as appropriate, in the security plan, providing a functional description of the control implementation (including planned inputs, expected behavior, and expected outputs).
- Conduct security testing and verify which security controls are implemented correctly, operating as intended, and producing the desired outcome in meeting security requirements.
- Conduct remedial actions on security controls based on the findings and recommendations of the Security Assessment Report and reassess remediated control(s), as appropriate.
- Review vulnerability scans and ensure the accountable parties have responded appropriately to vulnerability findings, troubleshoot security threats and vulnerabilities in response to incident reports, and identify/isolate problem sources; and recommend solutions or corrective actions.
- Monitor and analyze systems logs daily to identify systems security trends and assess the security effectiveness of installed systems based on analysis of reported security problems.
- Participate in multi-functional teams and manage work through JIRA.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- A minimum of 10 years of related professional experience
- Possess a minimum of three (3) years of experience in Certifying and Accrediting systems including at least one (1) year of experience in applying the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication 800-53 Risk Management Framework
- Certified in a DOD 8570 IAM Level II baseline certification
This position has a target range for compensation of $82,000 - $90,000. This is a firm fixed price contract and does not allow for negotiations outside of this target range.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.