The Defense Group at Leidos is seeking a Cloud DevOps Engineer to provide mission-critical system support to our Army C5ISR Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP) customer.
The Cloud Engineer on this program will assist in onboarding CSSP subscribers to enable CSSP cloud capabilities. This role works directly with implementation teams to provide technical guidance and implementation priorities related to subscriber cloud implementation within the CSSP.
- Deliver innovative product, service, or a combination of products and services that address a customer's specific requirements.
- Support development of enterprise solutions for CSSP cloud subscribers
- Develop innovative approaches and solutions, using non-quantitative tools and guidelines from past experience.
- Provides execution guidance and practical engineering support to mission and subscriber teams working with the strategic guidance from the Team Lead.
- Interface directly with subscriber base to gather clear requirements, form realistic solutions that can be implemented successfully in a timely manner.
- Develop engineering and design briefs and documentation to support solutions being executed.
- Research new cloud technologies and prototype solutions that can be leveraged to decrease costs and increase performance and mentor existing staff on cloud computing best practices and technology to drive cloud adoption.
- Work closely with senior team members to create test plans, and ensure the issues are properly identified, fixed and tested
- BS degree with 4+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience can be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Extensive experience in Cloud Technologies and automation techniques, primarily Ansible.
- Extensive experience with the Linux operating system (RHCSA or RHCE level).
- Understanding of aspects of architect and design enterprise cloud solutions and AWS/Azure.
- Setup and configure DevOps services (Ansible) in support of stakeholders.
- Document frequently asked questions and create/update knowledge base articles for developers regarding use of DevOps services.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- In-depth experience with AWS Console, CLI, and manage services.
- Must have a DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) to start. CSSP certification is required within 90 days of start.
- Must have an active Secret Clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Experience working with DevOps CI/CD related technologies (Azure DevOps, Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Confluence, Sonar Lint, and Junit.
- Experience in container orchestration using Docker, Vangrant and Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge with Agile development methodologies and the Atlassian suite of tools
- Experience with Languages including Python and Bash shell Scripting
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.