The GIG Service Management – Operations II (GSM-O II), a program within the Defense of Leidos, has an opening for a Configuration Management (CM) Analyst.
Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and its Pacific Enterprise Services – Hawaii (PES-HI) organization operating from Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam (JBPHH), Hawaii. Our group, the Hawaii Network Services – Operations (HNS-OPS), acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
Details of the Role:
The CM Analyst will be the focal point for the HNS-OPS CM team and other HNS-OPS work sections requiring clarification on or modification of the information retained in our customer’s configuration management database (CMDB) of record, COMIT. The CM Analyst will be expected to orchestrate, plan, report, and perform technical activities necessary to ensure the accuracy and completeness of COMIT while complying with our customer’s restrictions concerning the scope of the information contained within their CMDB of record.
Responsibilities of the CM Analyst include technical planning, system integration, data verification and validation, and cost/risk analysis as well as supportability/functionality analysis of COMIT itself. The CM Analyst will ensure accurate capture of technical network diagrams for telephonic and data services (line/circuit/trunk) and similar documentation projects (inside/outside plant cables and location/building plans) as needed. Acceptable Quality Level (AQL) reporting, contract deliverable requirement list (CDRL) development and delivery, and development of necessary HNS-OPS Standardized Procedures (HSPs) and similar process documents pertaining to CM functions/tasks will also be expected of the CM Analyst along with any other activities to further improve the CMDB of record’s data and processes across DISA.
• Provide team support to a team responsible for actively collecting, tracking, analyzing, and reporting configuration management data changes.
• Work with a team of engineers focused on maintain the integrity of the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) for PES-HI.
• Oversee all aspects of Configuration Management tools and processes.
• Assist and support preparations of technical implementation plans to provide technical solutions, including actions, milestones, timelines and critical paths required for complete solutions.
• Develop, maintain and standardize the Cable Management process that will ensure GSM-O HNS-OPS has accurate information within its COMIT data base that correlates to the GNS HNS TO-2 vendor data base.
• Ensure the Cable Management process includes the end-to-end acceptance and agreement for cable management data and update of the database of record (COMIT) with information provided by and validated by the Government.
• Ensure Outside Plant (OSP) Cable data are accurately reviewing customer provided CAD drawings layouts.
• Ensure Circuit Layout Records (CLR's) are accurately maintained within COMIT Technical View (TechView).
• Work closely with the GSM-O FSE’s to ensure that a solid process is captured and documented regarding the accurate annotation of all parts in the GFP spreadsheet. Understand this directly supports the effectiveness and timeliness of a mandatory delivery of a semi-annual GFP 10% inventory for our 10 Central Offices.
• Identification and management of issues, risks, dependencies involving the CMDB of record, COMIT.
• Assist operation of Configuration Management Lead and validate the accuracy of the HNS-OPS COMIT database of record to include tracking all building, room and floor (i.e. Location) changes until completion for customers.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders across DISA and HNS-OPS to enhance CM practices.
• Status reporting to the task order manager, the HNS-OPS Program Manager, and customer, as directed.
• Creating, documenting, and executing action plans with regards to the HNS-OPS Configuration Management processes/tasks and COMIT.
• Work with the customer and external stakeholders to accomplish program goals for which we are dependent on them completing tasks.
• Assist aspects of multiple project tasks simultaneously.
• Monitor, adjust, and report on operations performance, and schedule.
• Coordinate and support workload based on priorities and skillset of staff.
• Mitigate risks by ensuring staff meet and exceed contractual requirements.
• Coordinate subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
• Some travel may be required (<5 %).
• Perform various methods of data/metric collection; automated report creation utilizing Configuration Management tools as well as manual methods (i.e., GUI, command line, Excel, Access, etc.)
• Perform manual validation of baseline configuration for a wide variety of network appliances and applications by accessing via GUI, command line and performing commands to display the required configuration data.
• Analyze network infrastructure and configuration issues that result in discovery failures.
• Manage Briefings to leadership providing them necessary data to approve/deny escalated tickets and brief to program the approved tickets
• Define, update and extend Program Configuration Management/Document Management SOPs, TTP’s, and teamwork instructions; and cross-train
• Manage procedure/processes for implementing changes; offering customer support as required
• Perform day-to-day tasks including but not limited to, responding to customer inquiries for metric reporting, data validation audits, data cleansing activities, discovery/reconciliation actions, etc.
• Create/Maintain/Delete Configuration Items
Education and Experience Required:
• Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 4-8 years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree. Generally has 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• Knowledge and practical experience with Configuration Management
• Familiarity with the use, basic structuring, and organization of databases.
• Basic understanding of IT networks, network services and architecture.
• Experience in assigning tasks, supervising on-going technical efforts, and managing contract performance identified by the customer.
• Experience supporting and briefing a customer.
• Ability to make decisions and escalate when needed.
• Self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
• Currently possesses an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
• Strong written and verbal communications, team building, and collaboration skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant IT engineering discipline.
• ITIL certification.
• Ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.