At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science.
Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking a Senior Technical Editor to be part of a dynamic team within a large-scale enterprise-IT delivery and support program. The Senior Technical Editor will be responsible for writing, editing, proofreading and/or providing writing support on non-technical and/or technical documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures and specifications. Types of writing and editing could include, technical, creative, digital, marketing, and product development. Duties may include designing and developing technical manuals, brochures, training materials, or other documentation for internal use, customer reference, marketing, or other purposes. May also include researching technical reference materials, gathering relevant technical information, coordinating with stakeholders or other experts, developing drafts and final copies of documentation. The Senior Technical Editor will work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results and/or project deliverables. This includes being responsible for entire projects and/or processes within a professional area and being responsible for coaching and reviewing the work of more junior team members.
The Senior Technical Editor will utilize conceptual and practical expertise in own area, general knowledge of related areas, and knowledge and best practices of how own area integrates with others to impact a range of customer, operational, project, or service activities within own team and other related teams. Primary responsibilities include:
- Researching, writing, editing, and proofreading information for use in documents such as manuals, procedures and specifications
- Providing expert, timely editing support for reports, proposals, articles, and other documents.
- Developing clear-written materials for various constituents, such as operations, technical manuals, tutorials, specifications and help systems
- Interviewing staff to collect information and specifications
- Collecting and organizing information and coordinating layout for publication
- Adhering to established terminology, style and editorial quality standards
- Leveraging in-depth knowledge and experience
- Utilizing best practices and knowledge of internal and external business issues to improve products or services
- Working independently, receiving minimal guidance
- Serving as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Solving a range of complex problems by taking a new perspective on existing solutions
- Exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Working within broad guidelines and policies
- Explaining complex, difficult and/or sensitive information while working to build consensus
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph and the ability to satisfy any additional government-required clearance processing or screening, as determined necessary by the government
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4 or more years of relevant experience, or a combination of relevant education and work experience equivalent to 8 years
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $91,000.00 - $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.