Leidos Corporate Group is seeking a customer service-oriented Payroll Specialist to join our Payroll Services team. This position will be responsible for providing support related to payroll processing, tax support, audit requests, status reporting, special projects, and other duties as assigned. This role reports to the Director of US Payroll.
- Run the day-to-day payroll functions in an efficient and timely manner under the supervision of Director.
- Understanding of Costpoint payroll and labor modules
- Calculate, compile and submit accurate information and adjustments into the payroll processing software for assigned employee groups.
- Calculate miscellaneous pay components in compliance with federal, state, and/or local policies and tax guidelines.
- Create, review, and audit manual checks.
- Prepare manual upload files used in the processing of payroll.
- Garnishment Payroll Entries and review
- Manage project workforce requests, approve group management, and offline systems for non-hourly earnings (NHE)
- Detect and resolve routine and complex payroll anomalies
- Prepare external reports to internal business partners and research GL matters
- Support help desk team by answering and resolving employee escalations
- Support team with special payroll projects, tax adjustments, and complex research matters.
- High School Diploma with 3+ years of progressive payroll experience
- Costpoint Payroll and Labor experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel required
- Strong attention to detail
- Deadline Oriented
- UltiPro Payroll
Please note that the salary budget for this role is $55,000 - $62,000 per year.
Pay Range:Pay Range $39,650.00 - $61,000.00 - $82,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.