Join a fast growing, solutions driven, dynamic organization and take your experience to the next level! Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Mission Planning Data Consultant to provide support to the Airspace Mission Planning Division, Hanscom AFB, MA. The engineering team includes engaged subject matter experts (SMEs) and a Program Manager (PM) providing leadership to identify and propose solutions to the clients, peer engineers, and end users. This position will elevate skills and experiences to support our full-scope mission planning efforts. We are seeking an experienced Mission Planning Data Engineer that likes taking on challenges and being a leader with engineering solutions; a person that collaborates well in teams and likes to work toward consensus within each team. The enterprise is embracing leading edge methodologies for Agile and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Infrastructure design, setup and maintenance for data distribution from a centralized Data Depot, through mid-tier server networks to client systems for field use
- Data and software package development and optimization
- Network design, network monitoring and reporting, and network security
- Use case development for implementation of a Data Depot for DoD mission planners
- Use case development for implementation of mid-tier server networks for data and software distribution
- Use case development for client system implementation of data packages received (cloud based/sneakernet), and client system reporting up to a central client system monitoring dashboard
- Investigation, evaluation and implementation of tools for data/software packaging, automated distribution, distribution reporting and client system status reporting
- Roadmap development for near-term and longer-term implementation strategies
- Documentation of processes, methods and procedures for use case implementation and execution
- Investigation, evaluation and implementation of tools to ensure the integrity of distributed data and software packages and validation of package integrity at user sites
- Investigation, evaluation and implementation of tools and hardware for cross domain distribution of data and software packages
- Planning/executing/reporting on software integration troubleshooting efforts, conducting cybersecurity scans and analysis activities, and providing findings/recommendations to developers
- Developing and coordinating operationally relevant test strategies for Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) environments
- Technical document development and review, hardware/software configuration management and control, system installation (workstation environment and networked/domain environments), and use of industry standard and customized security scanning tools
- Working directly with software developers, program managers and operational users to identify JMPS security vulnerabilities, integration problems and performance deficiencies and providing recommendations for improvements
- Responsible for developing and maintaining evaluation procedures
- BS degree in related field or equivalent and 12 + years relevant experience.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of a Secret clearance and be eligible to obtain a Top-Secret clearance.
- In-depth skills with .NET development, preferably C# or ability to quickly gain C# proficiency
- Knowledge and experience with Mission Planning data and Execution Data
- Possess an understanding of a wide range of mission data formats
- Experience in applying methods to achieve data integrity and security
- In-depth knowledge of PowerShell and batch files; Registry and Windows file systems; Group Policy Objects (GPOs); TCP/IP networking; Information Assurance (IA) fundamentals & principals; and assessing the robustness of security systems and designs
- Basic understanding/knowledge with the following:
- Conducting vulnerability scans and recognizing vulnerabilities in security systems
- Industry IA Scanning Tools (e.g., OpenVas, Nikto, ACAS, or Nessus)
- IA NIST Special Publications and Security Controls
- A Scanning Methods
- Encryption Protocols (TLS, SSL, etc.); Drive encryption (e.g., bit locker or Vera-crypt)
- XML and other standard configuration files
- Windows and other Event Logs
- Skills in conducting information searches
- IA remediation and POA&M
- IA Continuous Monitoring
- Troubleshooting performance with Windows built-in Performance Tools
- Mission Planning (routes, draw files, local points, Maps, Charts, etc.)
- Linux or *NIX based systems
- OS Installation
- Mission Data Management methods
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.