Looking for an opportunity to make an impact? Join the Leidos Civil IT (CivIT) team in accelerating cybersecurity in a changing world where we make a difference by protecting critical networks for our government and commercial customers.
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready to challenge yourself with an organization that encourage & support career growth on an enterprise-wide scale? Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Vulnerability Assessment Functional Lead to join our National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Cyber Security Center (NCSC) Engineering & Operations team. As a Vulnerability Assessment Functional Lead, you will play a valuable part in supporting the NCSC’s mission to protect NOAA networks, computers, programs and data from cyber-attack damage and unauthorized access.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive while being challenged, keep reading!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. To explore and learn more about the Leidos Civil Group, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Provide technical oversight and guidance across the NOAA NCSC program to a team of Vulnerability Assessment Analysts
- Provide technical services for the NOAA FISMA High system computers and networks used by the NCSC and ESOC to execute against their functions
- Provide guidance, coaching, and development to a cross functional security engineering & operations team
- Develop necessary processes, and procedures to maintain and augment the IT systems operations that support the NCSC and the NOAA0100 FISMA High IT infrastructure
- Performs assessments of systems and networks within the network environment and identifies where those systems/networks deviate from acceptable configurations and policy
- Monitors and tracks the status of scans, reviews key indicators, and top vulnerabilities.
- Accountable for researching and evaluating vulnerabilities, identifying relevant threats, corrective action recommendations, and summarizing and reporting results to improve the organization’s security posture
- Identify, classify, and plan mitigations detected cybersecurity vulnerabilities
- Work with the Information System Security team to ensure reporting metrics are correct
- Set up scheduled and ad-hoc scans/reports, and configure, maintain, and use various information security assessment tools
- Ability to communicate remediation recommendations and timelines to the leadership team and the customer
- Additional tasks as assigned by management
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information technology, or other Cyber Security field from an accredited university and 4+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience and/or technology certifications may be considered in lieu of degree
- Knowledge of network security architecture concepts and network design processes including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth)
- Knowledge of security system design tools, methods, and techniques
- Knowledge of key concepts in security management (e.g., Release Management, Patch Management)
- Knowledge and practice in administering: Tenable/Nessus, OS’s such as but not limited to Unix/Linux and Windows
- Knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities (e.g., buffer overflow, mobile code, cross-site scripting, Procedural Language/Structured Query Language [PL/SQL] and injections, race conditions, covert channel, replay, return-oriented attacks, malicious code)
- Knowledge/Skill in system, network, and OS hardening techniques. (e.g., remove unnecessary services, password policies, network segmentation, enable logging, least privilege, etc.)
- Knowledge/Skill in conducting vulnerability scans and recognizing vulnerabilities in security systems
- Skill in performing impact/risk assessments and creating new and better ways to avert malicious adversary behavior through creativity, innovation, and a process improvement mindset
- Skill in identifying systemic security issues based on the analysis of vulnerability and configuration data
- Demonstrated background in cyber security design, engineering, and operations
- Working knowledge with System Administration, Network Administration Network Security, Networking Standards, Network Protocols, NIST/FISMA standards and controls, SIEM platforms and security tools, Network Hardware Configurations
- Cyber Security Training or Certification (ie Securty+, Network+, SPLUNK, FireEye)
- Knowledge of NIST SP 800 53 series or ISO 27000 series documents
- Windows 10 security best practices and configurations
- Comprehension of advanced threat detection in an enterprise environment
- Comprehension of malware families, their types, and the threat they pose
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows administrative & troubleshooting tools
- Demonstrated practice performing cybersecurity analysis from an operations & engineering perspective
- Background with Splunk (preferred) or other SIEM platform
- U.S Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance (Interim Secret acceptable to start working on program).
- Fairmont, WV
- Silver Springs, MD
- Boulder, CO
- Remote eligible pending customer approval, however onsite is preferred.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.