Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions is seeking a dynamic Material Handler in Chesapeake, VA, supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's En-Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology. ERAM is the heart of the Next Generation (NextGen) Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management
Material Handler responsibilities:
• Complete parts packaging in accordance with specialized packaging requirements.
• Fabrication of shipping labels, ensuring proper format and shipping address accuracy.
• Coordinate special shipping requirements as necessary.
• Document and maintain accurate shipping activity files.
• Provide daily shipping and billing summaries to program administration.
• Perform periodic inventory of shipping material to ensure adequate quantities on hand.
• Perform applicable data entry to the existing CDLS automated Logistics Database.
• Update shipping information to the FAA "Logistics Information System" (LIS) via WEB page.
• Perform preliminary package inspection for any apparent external damage and notify shipper at time of delivery if damage is detected.
• Verify and note received packages for shipment type (Purchase Order or Field parts returned for repair.
• Verify the Purchase Order document to the part actually received and then notify ordering individual of the received parts.
• Update and maintain the department receiving files.
• Maintain the warehouse physical organization and cleanliness.
• Support periodic warehouse inventory activities.
• Interface with management to resolve any problems or discrepancies that may arise with orders.
• Develop a level of expertise via cross training of coworker functions to fill in for position absences.
• High school diploma or equivalent and at least 1 year of relevant experience.
• Ability to lift 40 Pounds, Previous Warehouse Experience, Demonstrated Self-Starter,
• Operate Forklift, General Computer Skills FedEx On-Site Power Ship Exp.,
• Microsoft Office Experience, Knowledge of OSHA Standards, and Inventory Control &
• Management Specialized training in specific aspects of job functions and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned tasks.
Pay Range:Pay Range $27,300.00 - $42,000.00 - $56,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.