The Defense Group at Leidos is seeking a Web Assessor to provide technical expertise to our Army C5ISR Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP) customer.
- Assess the security posture of web applications, utilizing industry standard tools such as Kali Linux, Burp Suite, Acunetix, etc.
- Maintain in-depth technical knowledge of adversarial activity in order to replicate similar tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) during assessments.
- Perform controlled exploitation of vulnerabilities to demonstrate full impact and risk of security findings based on business and mission impact.
- Use manual testing to identify vulnerabilities that are commonly missed in security assessments, and automated tools.
- Provide detail-oriented technical assistance with remediation and mitigation efforts, often in the form of verbal and/or written communication.
- Create comprehensive assessment reports that clearly identify root cause and remediation strategies.
- Use both automated tools and manual techniques, including penetration testing tools and other hacking methods, in order to enumerate vulnerabilities in web technologies.
- Work with web site administrators after the assessments to recommend strategies to mitigate the vulnerabilities, and harden DoDIN sites.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and collaborative skills, with the ability to lead and manage the effort of others when necessary
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of prior IT experience.
- In-depth knowledge of both Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, network protocols, databases, scripting languages, and some programming.
- Extensive knowledge of web technologies: PHP, CSS, CMS, Apache, Burp, Metasploit, etc.; keeping up with the latest vulnerabilities and versions of all these technologies and keeping up with new technologies, products, and hacking techniques.
- Advanced level of technical knowledge and know-how.
- Has knowledge of security principles, policies, and regulations.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Must have a DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) to start. CSSP certification is required within 90 days of start.
- Must have an active Secret Clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Deep technical understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Hands-on cybersecurity experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Experience in a 24x7 environment.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.