The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group has an opening for a ServiceNow Systems Engineer for the Global Solution Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. This contract includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation, and support to DISA’s mission partners.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for working within a fast paced, Agile team to support the design and deliver new infrastructure as code automated test functionality and support existing frameworks in the AWS Cloud. This position would support design and deployment of new automated capabilities for end users located at Scott AFB/Fort Meade. Specific tasks would include documenting and understanding the as-is processes, developing detailed business process descriptions and performance requirements, and measuring the deployed automation against productivity metrics to demonstrate success. To accomplish these goals, the successful candidate will demonstrate strong deductive reasoning, attention to detail, persistence, patience, and creativity.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will be:
- Collaborate with process owner(s), ServiceNow technical leads, and a variety of process stakeholders.
- Data gathering, Requirements Definition, Use Case Development, Gap Analysis, Functional Specification, Test Plans, and Design Specification with ServiceNow
- Develop business process maps using a standard methodology and toolset with ServiceNow
- Support the creation of systems engineering documents and diagrams to support Process development
- Provide measurable input to new solutions, processes, or standards in order to achieve functional/project objectives.
- Collecting metrics for tracking and reporting process workflows, usage, and status throughout the development lifecycle of the implementation
- Collaborating with colleagues to monitor and report technical variances; facilitating resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery
- Continuously monitor, identify risks, and risk mitigations and capture team performance reports
- Quickly adapt to customer dynamic environment and adopt their processes and foster innovative ideas
- Employing SE approach for systems planning, design, execution, and sustainment.
- Assisting in defining processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility.
- Adopt to new ways of working, socializing, and collaborating with stakeholders and understanding their business goals
- Execution of engineering activities, requirements analysis, implementation planning, third party coordination, integration and test, documentation, deployment, and system assessment.
- Support the design and implementation of test cases and testing framework for the instantiation of infrastructure as code in environment to verify the quality of deployed code
- Asking questions & raising concerns as soon as possible without being prompted
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in Process Mapping and Lean Six Sigma.
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance and ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally
- with diverse teams, process owners, and subject matter experts.
- Experience conducting stakeholder interviews and facilitating stakeholder workshops
- Candidate should be well-versed in IT and IT business processes and lifecycles
- Candidate must have strong verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing for process and systems documentation, and have worked directly with customers and end users.
- Candidate needs to have worked at all levels of organization
- Candidate to be able to work with strict deadlines (45-day release schedules)
- Candidate should be able to travel periodically
- Candidate to have strong problem-solving skills
- Candidate needs to be able to develop training materials on processes as needed
- Experience and domain knowledge related to data processing
- Experience using agile process tools (Jira/Confluence/Atlassian Products)
- Experience supporting DoD requirements management tasks and using Visio or other modeling tools.
- Experience working in a matrixed team environment
- Experience working remotely to complete job assignment
- Experience working with ServiceNow
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.