The Defense Group at Leidos seeks a Robotic Process Automation Engineer for DISA Enterprise RPA Initiative. The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here https://www.leidos.com/company/our-business/defense.
While this role is remote friendly one must live within commuting distance to Scott AFB, IL or Ft. Meade, MD for on-site support.
This position will assist with oversee the management work for DISA’s Enterprise RPA. Delivering key capabilities through Robotic Process Automation is key for out DoD customers, internal mission partners, and external DoD entities. Establish enterprise RPA Program Management Office (ePMO) and assign a Program of Record (POR) to develop, coordinate, and manage enterprise automations, bot development, governance, contracts, training, and license for disparate DISA RPA Activities. Establish RPA Steering Committee led by OE to prioritize enterprise bot development, enforce governance and standardization, and coordination with other governance boards (OCDO, CEP, NRRB)
- Outlining, developing & executing require work task to accomplish project goals
- Overseeing creation of integration and verification test plans for new capabilities and migrated COTS/GOTS Tools
- Identifying and managing related project task dependencies, risk & possible mitigations
- Estimation of level of effort (hrs./days/resources) to outline & update a projected project schedule
- Asking questions and raising concerns as soon and possible without being promoted
- Support requirements specifications and definitions for the RPA Enterprise as a Service
- Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed
- Assesses process needs for RPA, delivering innovative automations, automation analysis, solution design, and automation development and deployment.
- Works closely with Business Analysts to understand defined processes to be automated.
- Designs RPA solutions in accordance with standard design principles and conventions.
- Configures new RPA processes and objects using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable, and easy to understand.
- Creates and maintains technical documentation.
- Problem-solves issues that arise in day to day running of RPA processes and provides timely responses and solutions as required.
- Completes development, testing and leveraging of RPA processes, including periodic validations with process owners, and end-to-end business validation upon completion of development effort.
- Troubleshoots and corrects RPA related technical issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8-12 years of relevant experience or a Master with 6-10 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Ability to obtain an interim DoD Secret security clearance prior to start date.
- Ability to obtain a security certification that meets DOD 8570 IAT level II or higher, such as Security+ CE or CISSP, within 60 days of start date.
- Experience with distributed version control software such as Git and Bitbucket.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of Software Engineering.
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team
- Experience developing robotic process automation bots in UiPath.
- Experience integration with ADVANA centralized analytics platform
- Experience with Atlassian tools, including JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket.
- Experience working remotely with a geographically dispersed team.
- Full software lifecycle automation experience (design, development, test, deployment), including deployment to a production environment.
- Experience developing software on a UNIX command line platform.
- Web development experience using UI frameworks, such as React.
- Experience designing, building, and deploying DevOps pipelines with Bitbucket, Git, Artifactory and Ansible (or equivalent tools).
- Experience designing and building automated software testing pipelines using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Experience developing software in a cloud-based containerized environment using Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience developing and deploying software in a DoD environment (DISA experience is a plus), including experience building and deploying software applications that meet DoD security standards, including updating applications and code to meet security scans and meeting security implementation guidelines (e.g., STIGs).
- Hold an active security certification that meets DOD 8570 IAT level II or higher, such as Security+ CE or CISSP.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.