• Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
• Debug existing software and correct defects
• Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
• Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
• Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
• Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
• Write or review software and system documentation
• Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
• Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
• Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
• Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
• Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
• Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
• Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
• Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints: Perform quality control on team products
• Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
• Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
• Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
• Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
Seven (7) years' experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree. Strong Matlab experience required. TS/SCI with polygraph is required.
Experience working on an Agile development team
React or similar libraries (Vue, Angular)
Consuming and creating REST APIs and WebSockets
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.