The Defense Group at Leidos is currently seeking a Cyber Security Watch Officer to join their team in Adelphi, MD.
This position provides technical expertise to C5ISR Cyber Solutions Branch (DCSB) Security Operations Center (SOC). Beyond advising and guiding technical matters, this position is tasked with driving the implementation and adoption of new tools, research, capabilities, frameworks, and methodologies while ensuring those already in use are implemented, utilized properly, and improved.
This person will serve as a Cyber Security Watch Officer (CSWO) on the Defensive Cyber Solutions Branch (DCSB) DCO program supporting the Army C5ISR CSSP. CSWOs are principally engaged in the triage of events, cyber incident handling, trend analysis, metric development, vulnerability information dissemination, and the DoD Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP) methodology.
This position offers a Mon-Fri work week.
(Day-shift hours: 730am-4pm. Swing-shift hours: 330pm-12am.
Night-shift hours 1130pm-8am).
- Support all Cyber Defense issues to include making recommendations regarding Indicators of Compromise (IOC), malicious cyber activity, and the overall security posture of our networks. Provide oversight of information security services and customer support initiatives.
- Identify problems, determine accuracy and relevance of a broad range of DCO information. Use sound judgment to generate, evaluate, and execute alternative courses of action. Produce timely, effective, decision-quality recommendations to support senior CSSP SOC leadership.
- Oversee all network defense operations and be familiar with the operations process flow and execution. Coordinate and collaborate with internal/external elements and mission partners to share the understanding and impact of day-to-day malicious cyber activity.
- Maintain awareness of all pertinent directives, orders, alerts, and messages to include the preparation and delivery of daily situational awareness and operational update briefings to CSSP Senior Leadership.
- Serve as Defensive Cybersecurity SME during operations. Requires the ability to think independently and make decisions/recommendations which will have an immediate effect on the security of our networks.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of experience or Master’s degree and 6+ years of experience. Additional years of experience is also accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Military background or relevant experience in a DOD-environment
- Strong understanding of military operations, reporting structure, and communication procedures.
- Prior experience leading teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic understanding of the life cycle of threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intelligence driven defense.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team to communicate information to different audiences (ranging from contractors to flag-level/SES personnel).
- Must have a DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) to start. CSSP certification is required within 90 days of start.
- Must have an active Secret Clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.