The Office of Technology (OOT) at Leidos has immediate openings for software engineers to help us shape, develop, and deliver new software solutions leveraging state-of-the art technologies to our customers and launch new products and capabilities.
As part of an Agile Team, you’ll design, develop, and deliver software applications and products following agile processes tailored to maximize the speed of delivery of those solutions to government customers and into the commercial marketplace. You’ll learn, master, and improve the Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes and tools we use to develop, test, integrate, and deploy our Cloud-based solutions into multiple hosting environments, such as AWS, Azure, and others. You’ll learn new technologies and tools and apply what you’ve learned to overcome technological challenges with innovative solutions. You’ll collaborate other software engineers and share your knowledge with the team and the organization to make us all better at what we do. You’ll perform technical spikes and develop prototypes to help test product concepts and achieve customer validation. You’ll contribute to the team’s objectives by participating in Kanban or sprint planning, daily scrums, product reviews, and retrospectives. You’ll learn our agile tooling, contribute to backlog planning and estimates, decompose backlog into technical tasks, and keep your tickets updated daily. You’ll always respect the opinions of others, accept constructive criticism, share your views with a passion for improving the entire team’s performance, and collaborate openly and positively with your teammates.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug software source code using modern software development languages and tools, such as Java, Go, Python, C#.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application and serve as a technical lead on medium to large, complex projects.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Ensure team adheres to Agile processes and software engineering best practices.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Mentor other engineers in the art of building complex, web scale systems.
- Resolve roadblocks for the development team, working collaboratively with the Product Owner, technical leadership, and other engineers.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience delivering an entire piece of a system or application.
- Experience serving as a technical lead.
- Deep understanding of software design patterns.
- Working knowledge of Agile Development and continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programing practices and patterns (Java or Go preferred, applicants will be tested).
- Solid understanding of software development process fundamentals.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Familiarity with basic web technologies (HTML, CSS, XML, REST, JSON)
- Familiarity with Virtualization Technologies (VMWare, VirtualBox)
- Familiarity with Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Familiarity with CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, GitLab Runner)
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Helm)
- Familiarity with Containerized applications and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with Enterprise Service Bus Technologies (Kafka)
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Familiarity with NoSql databases (MongoDB, etc.).
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.