Leidos is looking for a Systems Engineer to be part of a team responsible for the design, migration, implementation, enhancement, optimization and maintenance of LAN/WAN/Video/Voice/desktop infrastructure.
This position will work with engineers on various technical projects. This could include but not limited to systems consolidation and integration, architecture designs and updates, site renovations and relocations.
• Provide technical expertise and assist with systems integration and consolidation efforts across multiple systems environments.
• Addresses and resolves technical problems of moderate complexity relating to the installation and upgrade of systems hardware and systems.
• Interface with customers, vendors and other technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements.
• Engineer/implement technical solutions from a cradle to grave technical approach.
• Lead a team of engineers on projects, ensuring everyone is properly utilized to provide a finalized technical solution/implementation.
• Assist/train engineers on new technologies to better the organizations technical expertise
• Understanding of software automation tools and ability to incorporate programming languages to do the repetitious tasks.
• Understanding/Designing/Creating/Troubleshooting Spine Leaf Architectures within Datacenters utilizing Apstra on Cisco Equipment.
• Document engineering standards, supports the development of systems architecture and engineering designs and changes.
• Assist in evaluating current and emerging technologies, conducts technical assessments and makes recommendation to senior engineers.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Effectively complete individual projects and tasks with some oversight.
• Clearance: Must have a Top Secret/SCI w/Poly to be considered
• Must have a Bachelors degree and 8 years of experience OR a Masters degree and 6 years of prior relevant experience preferred OR 12 years of relevant career experience in lieu of degree.
• Layer 2 and Layer 3 hands-on configuration experience, with emphasis on routing protocols BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF. Knowledge configuring GRE and IPSEC Tunnels, MPLS, VPLS and Remote Site and Site-to-Site VPNs. Excellent troubleshooting skills..
• Knowledge in Network Engineering DEV-OPS utilizing python, API’s, network automation, Netconf, restconf, netmiko, yaml, jinja2, postman.
• Experience in AWS, Assure, Cloud network engineering, and datacenter technologies using nexus platforms.
• Engineering Voice/Video solutions witch Cisco Call Manager, CMS, VTC’s, VoIP.
• Hands on experience with the implementation and use of systems monitoring, fault management and performance analysis tools such as SYSLOG, SNMP, What’s Up Gold, Solarwinds, ISE, etc.
• Familiarity with data center infrastructure and experience with Cisco routers and switches, Nex Gen Firewalls, ESXi, VMWare
• Utilizing Juniper SRX equipment and Palo-Alto Firewalls to engineer boundary protection mechanisms.
• Experience with network security concepts, best practices and technologies including, but not limited to, SSH, IPSec, TACACs, firewall policies, DNS, Active Directory and 802.1x
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
Travel: May require occasional travel throughout the continental U.S.
* As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and physiological screening
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.