The position is on the Corporate Earned Value Management (EVM) Center of Excellence (COE) team leading and executing the core responsibilities of EVM and scheduling across the enterprise. The EVM COE is responsible for all aspects of planning, infrastructure and tools, implementations, training and surveillance for Leidos. The position is responsible for leading and supporting all aspects of scheduling and EVMS implementations, program support, training, tools, and surveillance functions from proposal, to preparation for award, to start-up through IBRs and continuing through the execution lifecycle.
The ideal candidate is recognized as an experienced leader who has expertise in a broad range of functional areas and disciplines; including program management, scheduling, EVMS implementations and compliance, financial disciplines (pricing, program finance, FP&A, etc.), contract management, and strong understanding of inter-company functional relationships. The ideal candidate is able to lead a team of individual contributors, program finance analysts (PFAs), schedulers, Control Account Managers (CAMs), Program Managers, and line executives. The position provides leadership and hands on support to the program EVMS support teams, CAMs, and Program Managers to improve program planning and execution while ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and company policy and procedures. As a principal EVMS scheduling SME, the position works closely with program teams, other functions, and line managers to establish, maintain, and grow key government customer relationships and to help drive program growth and execution of the Business Plan. It is important to note that the Leidos EVMS portfolio has programs across many diverse customer environments (e.g., DoD, FAA, Intel, DHS, Healthcare), contracting scenarios (e.g., integrated subks, formal flowdown, reporting only, EVMS on FFP), and across a range of dollar values with different levels of external and internal understanding and buy-in. The ideal candidate will have various experiences across these diverse challenges.
- Responsible for applying scheduling theory to develop the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and related artifacts in compliance with applicable standards and policies such as EVM standard EIA-748 and best practices (e.g., PASEG) in alignment with the mission of the EVM COE and in support of programs.
- Responsible for devising solutions and implementing practices to align the timephasing and plans for resources with the IMS to provide an integrated technical, schedule, and resource / cost baseline and forecast/ ETC for programs.
- Requires deep scheduling, program management, and EVMS knowledge and ability to engage program team members across multiple disciplines.
- Participate in new business proposals through scheduling support and reviews, input with regard to EVMS requirements and input for cost volumes.
- Serves as a scheduling subject matter expert in assisting programs with issue identification/resolution, etc.
- Provides scheduling support to EVM COE and programs for internal and external audits and reviews and application of resulting corrective actions.
- Responsible for supporting the organization in development, implementation, training, and maintenance of EVMS scheduling processes and tools.
- Utilizes expert domain knowledge, professional principles and theories to develop advanced concepts, techniques, solutions and standards.
- Typically negotiates and develop shared solutions to convince internal and external parties to accept concepts, practices and approaches of the area.
- Aligns and integrates Agile software practices with traditional scheduling and EVMS best practices for improved program management solutions.
- Significant interface with Program Managers, Contracts and Senior Technical Personnel, as well as other organizations.
- Responsible for supporting the organization's EVMS talent development, performance management, and business strategy.
- Interacts with senior executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of strategic importance to the organization/project.
- Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 10+ years prior relevant experience or Masters with 7+ years prior relevant experience.
- Generally has 10+ years experience leading EVMS scheduling implementations.
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Scheduling Professional (SP) certification
- Earned Value Profession (EVP) certification
- Advanced knowledge of using tools like Microsoft Project, Structured Solutions Inc. Tools for Microsoft Project, Deltek Cobra, Deltek CostPoint, OPDEC Integrated Program Manager, and other Scheduling and EVMS tools.
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.