Leidos is seeking a mid-level Risk Assessor/Environmental Scientist to support environmental projects nationwide.
The Risk Assessor/Environmental Scientist will conduct human health and ecological risk assessments and analyze scientific data for environmental investigation and remediation projects at hazardous waste sites. Tasks will include preparing project work plans, data analysis, preparing technical reports, and interfacing with client and stakeholder staff.
This position requires the ability to pass background checks, obtain access to, and conduct work on, U.S. Government installations. A valid driver's license is also required.
The Risk Assessor/Environmental Scientist will work with Leidos Project Managers and Senior Staff and interface with multiple Leidos offices. The Risk Assessor/Environmental Scientist should be comfortable working in a team environment, and demonstrate excellent written and strong organizational skills. Frequent communication with the project manager and project team members is expected.
- Assist in conducting human health and ecological risk evaluations, including development of conceptual site models, selection of appropriate toxicity values, calculation of cancer risks and noncancer hazards, and analysis of uncertainty associated with the risk evaluations.
- Provide technical support in evaluating and interpreting quantitative and qualitative environmental monitoring results collected for site investigations and preparing technical reports, including work plans/sampling plans, risk assessments, proposed plans, and records of decision.
- Willing and able to travel periodically to Leidos office and/or project locations.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Environmental Sciences, Earth Sciences, Biological Sciences, Toxicology, or related field, and at least 3 years' experience in the environmental field.
- Working knowledge of the CERCLA RI/FS process and EPA human health and ecological risk assessment methods.
- Ability to analyze environmental monitoring data.
- Experience working with state and federal environmental regulators
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Environmental statistical methods knowledge (e.g., calculation of UCLs, trend analysis) and software tools (e.g., EPA ProUCL)
- RCRA and CERCLA process documents knowledge (Corrective Action Plans/Reports; RI/FS/PP/ROD).
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.