Leidos has a current job opportunity for an Endpoint Security Lead with expertise in HBSS or Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (MDE) on the DISA GSM-O II program in Alexandria, VA.
This position provides leadership and direction to a team of HBSS and MDE Administrators responsible for operating and maintaining McAfee software and clients as well as MDE configurations for organizations supported by DISA's Joint Service Provider (JSP), which operates and defends the DoD's cyber terrain. Activities that this position will oversee include deploying, configuring, monitoring, tuning, upgrading, and troubleshooting HBSS components and MDE spanning a large and complex environment.
- Lead a team of HBSS and MDE administrators supporting various organizations across the National Capital Region
- Oversee completion of the following key functions for HBSS and MDE deployments across JSP’s area of responsibility
- Install updates to McAfee software as released and in compliance with STIG requirements
- Deploy, maintain, and tune McAfee clients and MDE to meet current and future standards and requirements
- Create, deploy, and manage custom HBSS and MDE signatures
- Monitor HBSS and MDE for intrusions, failures and other issues
- Ensure that the clients/servers are operational and reporting properly
- Ensure that clients do not block legitimate traffic
- Produce reports and charts that convey the operational state of HBSS and MDE as well trends and anomalies in activity alerted on or blocked by HBSS and MDE
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures for the HBSS and MDE team
- Validate that the team documents, reports, and resolves HBSS and MDE management or operational issues
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of prior IT experience. Additional work experience or Cyber courses/certifications may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years working with McAfee HBSS ePO and clients and/or MDE within the DoD environment.
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of system administrators or cybersecurity professionals
- DoD 8570 IAT III and CSSP Infrastructure Support certifications required prior to starting
- HBSS or MDE Certification – certification required prior to start
- Demonstrated experience with multiple network security zones, subnetting, VRFs, and VLANs
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic finding.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Cybersecurity experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Experience with malware analysis concepts and methods.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
External Referral Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.