The Civilian Health Solutions Operation has an opening for a SAS Viya Administrator to support a large healthcare contract.
- Perform all tasks that are relevant to your environment to keep your SAS Viya deployment operating at its best over the long term, including configuration and user administration
- Collaborate with enterprise system administrators and database administrators to ensure the SAS Viya is applications are operating at optimal performance
- Manage significant changes to the environment, such as adding new hardware or software, migrating, or upgrading the version of SAS or other major components
- Support significant project work to deliver custom SAS Viya application functionality
- Write and maintain a security policy that covers the SAS platform and complies with Federal and enterprise guidelines
- Develop and communicate plan for keeping current SAS updates, upgrades, hotfixes, announcements, and support notes
- Define how and when to apply updates and upgrades while maintaining service to meet SLA
- Perform pre-deployment tasks before deploying SAS Viya software.
- Apply updated licenses to SAS and third-party products and components used in the SAS platform.
- Design and maintain a schedule of SAS platform administration housekeeping activities to specify when regular tasks should be performed.
- Monitor the performance of each user’s workload and try to optimize the longest-running processes.
- Periodically check for hotfixes, updates, and upgrades available for your deployed SAS components.
- Obtain and apply new SSL certificates.
BS Degree and 10 years of experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree,
- 10+ years of overall enterprise systems development experience, 5+ years of Cloud analytics experience, 4+ years of SAS Viya Workbench and analytics model development experience, and 2+ years of SAS Viya Administration
- Experienced in designing high performing, scalable cloud analytics platform with SAS Viya and other cloud and open source technologies (R, Python, Zeppelin)
- Experienced in designing, presenting, and defending architecture solutions such as Data Roadmap, Technology Roadmap, system diagrams, logical and physical cloud configuration, etc.
- Experienced in analyzing and resolve analytics and data pipeline performance issues
- Experienced in AWS Cloud deployments of SAS Viya preferred
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.