Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Employees enjoy career enrichment opportunities available through mobility and development and experience rewarding relationships with supportive supervisors and talented colleagues and customers. Your most important work is ahead.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is seeking an experienced threat detection developer to join our team on a highly visible cyber security. Duties include proactively searching for threats. Inspect traffic for anomalies and new malware patterns. Investigate and analyze logs. Develop custom content within the Splunk SIEM using advanced SPL language and data models) or other network security tools to detect threats and attacks against the department. SIEM Content Developers participate in briefings to provide expert guidance on new threats and will act as an escalation point for analysts. The analyst may also be required to author reports and/or interface with customers for ad-hoc requests. In addition, the threat detection engineer may be asked to participate in discussions to make recommendations on improving SOC visibility or process.
On-call support/hours may be required.
- Capture use cases from subscribers or other team members and develop correlation rules
- Utilize knowledge of latest threats and attack vectors to develop Splunk correlation rules and analytics for continuous monitoring and alerting
- Develop, manage, and maintain Splunk data models
- Review logs to determine if relevant data is present to accelerate against data models to work with existing use cases
- Develop custom regex to create custom knowledge objects
- Developing custom SPL using macros, lookups, etc., and network security signatures such as SNORT and YARA
- Develop custom dashboards and reports for customer stakeholders
- Train and mentor junior staff
- Extensive experience working with various security methodologies and processes
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, experience configuring and implementing various technical security solutions, extensive experience providing analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices
- Expert knowledge in two or more of the following areas related to cybersecurity:
- Vulnerability Assessment, Intrusion Prevention and Detection, Access Control and Authorization, Policy Enforcement, Application Security, Protocol Analysis, Firewall Management, Incident Response, Web-filtering, Advanced Threat Protection
- Experience developing advanced correlation rules utilizing stats and data models for cyber threat detection
- Experienced with creating and maintaining Splunk knowledge objects
- Experienced managing and maintaining Splunk data models
- Experience creating regex for pattern matching
- Experience implementing security methodologies and SOC processes
- TS/SCI with CI Poly required for Position or TS/SCI and willingness to get a poly.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II equivalent certification (with continuing education where applicable) (Security+, CCNA Security, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP) or higher
- DoDD 8140/DoD 8570.01M Computing Environment certification
- GIAC Continuous Monitoring (GMON) or equivalent (CySA+, CCNA – Cyber Operations, CCIH) within 180 days of contract start
- DoD 8570 CND-Analyst/CSSP Analyst equivalent certification (CEH, CFR, CSA+, GCIA, GCIH, GICSP, SCYBER) within 180 days of contract start
- Splunk Core Certified User within 180 days of contract start
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 12+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience developing analytics for ArcSight SIEM
- Completed Splunk Advance Searching and Reporting training
- Experience developing custom scripts using python
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.