At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Employees enjoy career enrichment opportunities available through mobility and development and experience rewarding relationships with supportive supervisors and talented colleagues and customers. Your most important work is ahead.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The CND Countermeasures Specialist will be a multi-functional individual with strong technical skills including but not limited to the following core countermeasure concepts and capabilities: attended/unattended isolation and containment of detected/signaled cyber threats; defensive configurations which delay, deflect, re-direct, block or limit lateral movement, privilege escalation, data or system compromise.
Work hours are flexible though need to be within the customer’s core business hours of 0600-1800. On-call support/hours may be required.
- Serve as a technical advisor for CND Countermeasure services.
- Work in a team of cyber professionals responsible for enterprise-wide cybersecurity countermeasures capability for customer information systems and networks on all security domains.
- Serve as part of a team in the design, implementation, integration and operational support of cybersecurity countermeasures capabilities
- Contribute to the operational design and architecture to integrate countermeasures with the object of identifying defending, deflecting, delaying and responding to adversarial activities
- Collaborate with security architecture and engineering to implement and optimize countermeasure capabilities
- Guide defensive countermeasures (aligned with Detect and IR workflows) to detect and contain malicious actors/activities present in the enterprise service fabric and/or during incident response
- Design and implement innovative countermeasure approaches and tactics
- Integrate countermeasure signals and telemetry into Continuous Diagnostics and Monitoring activities of the Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Respond to identified network cyber incidents; provides analysis, isolation and containment through countermeasure protocols
- Assist in the operations and management of design, test, implement, deploy, maintain, and administer the infrastructure systems supporting countermeasure functions, integrations and capabilities
- Utilize countermeasure telemetry to develop adversarial pattern recognition to derive predictive indicators of compromise in support of defensive cyber operations
- Model offensive cyber patterns in the design and testing of countermeasure effectiveness
- Established technical knowledge with the utilization, configuration, and implementation of industry standard cyber defense capabilities including but not limited to web content filters, email security capabilities, IDS, IPS, HBSS, SEIM, DNS security practices, advanced log analysis, network monitoring, network flow analysis, packet capture analysis, network proxies, firewalls, anti-virus capabilities, Linux/UNIX command line, and access control lists.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs)
- Experience in cybersecurity incident response, including applying lessons learned to implementing improved countermeasures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and work effectively with other contractors and Government civilians.
- Ability to train and mentor junior staff members.
- Highly organized with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member under tight deadlines with changing priorities.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly required for Position or TS/SCI and willingness to get a poly.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II equivalent certification (with continuing education where applicable) (Security+, CCNA Security, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP) or higher
- DoDD 8140/DoD 8570.01M Computing Environment certification
- GIAC Defending Advanced Threats (GDAT) or equivalent [GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Network Forensic Analyst (GNFA), GIAC Defensible Security Architecture (GDSA), GIAC Exploit Researcher and Advanced Penetration Tester (GXPN), GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN)] within 180 days of contract start
- DoD 8570 CND- Infrastructure Support/CSSP Infrastructure Support equivalent certification (CEH, CSA+, GICSP, SSCP) within 180 days of contract start
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 12+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Scripting and programming experience
- Knowledge of cyber defense and vulnerability assessment tools and their capabilities
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Advanced Splunk Certifications
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.