Leidos’ Intelligence DevOps Lab (IDOL) has a job opening for the Spring 2024 (January - June) semester for a Full-Time Software Engineer Intern/Co-Op onsite in Reston, VA. This is a semester long internship; it is recommended students take a semester off school during the Co-Op. US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED. This position will assist in building cutting edge solutions to solve complex problems with the right technologies, working through an agile development and release process to support critical customer mission goals. They will also support research, engineering, and development of innovative solutions to support operational missions. IDOL works on a variety of projects for government customers and includes engineering robust infrastructure, end-point capabilities, and cloud implementations. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work independently and as part of a team.
Work will consist of a wide range of project tasks to include: web application design and development, mobile app design and development, securing application components including communications, multi-factor authentication, penetration testing, and static/dynamic code analysis. Tasks also include integration and interface development of various security products, integration and interface development of various analytic products, implementation of automated behavioral analysis tools to monitor network traffic, integration of mobile capabilities for logistics, modernization of web-based user interfaces.
Tasks that Students will perform:
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Perform software analysis, design, development, and test of specific requirements related to Windows, Linux, and mobile operating systems.
- Determine system and software specifications and architecture to meet customer requirements.
- US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
- Current enrollment in an accredited college or university, pursuing a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or directly related field..
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Ability to problem solve complex issues
- Basic knowledge of database management
- Experience with Virtual Machines
- Experience with Jira and/or GitLab
- Skills should include knowledge of web services, SOA, IoT, encryption, security, cloud services, and communications.
- Proficiency in computer applications, languages, technologies, set-up and configurations, trouble shooting, and system design.
- Familiarity with software security requirements, Information Assurance policies and mobile technologies.
- Interest in AR/VR Development, offensive cyber development, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning or DevOps
- Knowledge of Unity, Unreal Engine
Pay Range:Pay Range $44,200.00 - $68,000.00 - $91,800.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.