Leidos is actively hiring for a Special Security Officer (SSO) for Naval Support Activity in Bahrain.
Assist the MARCENT G-2 and MARCENT Special Security Officer (SSO) in the development and execution of special security policy guidance; provide special security training/education and special security awareness in support of personnel assigned to MARCENT and 5th MEB at Naval Support Activity, Bahrain and within the CENTCOM Area of Responsibility (AOR). Provide direct support to MARCENT and 5th MEB SSO, and MARCENT subordinate units at other locations in the AOR per direction of the MARCENT SSO. Assist the SSO in ensuring all personnel are eligible and properly briefed for special security access to include the research of records, processing of documents for clearance/access, and maintaining a comprehensive command special security access list. Coordinate and maintain the automated physical access control system (APACS) for the SCIF/TSCIF. Assist the SSO in maintaining a proactive special security program with goals and objective to protect special security information.
- Supervise the operation of the special security office and administer the SCI security program to include SCI security oversight and physical security for other SCIFs under the organization’s security cognizance.
- Maintain applicable SCI directives, regulations, manuals, and guidelines to adequately discharge SSO duties and responsibilities.
- Properly account for, electronic transmittal, packaging, transport, and safeguarding of SCI.
- Ensure proper destruction of SCI by authorized means and in accordance with DoDM 5200.01 Vol. 3 as appropriate.
- Ensure SCI materials are only disseminated to authorized personnel with an established official need to know.
- Serve as the official channel for certifying and receiving SCI visitor clearances and accesses.
- Maintain command’s Defense Information System for Security (DISS) account to accurately reflect all personnel under their cognizance.
- Validate SCI access requirements, submission of investigative requests, and conduct SCI security briefings.
- Provide a briefing on local SCI security procedures to newly-arrived personnel and those receiving initial SCI indoctrination.
- Investigate and report all unauthorized or inadvertent disclosures of classified intelligence information.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- Knowledge and experience administering SSO functions, to include classified information access requirements and DISS administration.
- Knowledge of and experience with physical security requirements for SCIFs and T-SCIFs.
- Knowledge of requirements for obtaining and maintaining a national security clearance and Electronic Questionnaire for Investigation Processing (EQIP) system.
- Capable and willing to live and work in the Middle East and possible short trips within the AOR.
- Special Security Officer (SSO) course training certificate.
- Experience working inside a Sensitive Compartmented Facility (SCIF).
- Intelligence community experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $75,400.00 - $116,000.00 - $156,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.