Leidos is seeking a Pension Consultant to join our team in supporting benefits plans across Leidos. This position will partner with the Leidos Retirement Programs Team and the new long-term vendor relationships related to the on-going operations of the legacy Gibbs & Cox defined benefit plan (frozen) and respond to any audit inquiries which require historical knowledge of the plan.
- Solid grasp of Defined Benefits Administration and Defined Benefits systems
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and intuitive skills including the ability to perform manual pension calculations using directions documents
- Ability to work as a standout colleague while meeting individual timeliness, accuracy goals and quality standards
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Ability to mentor, train and coach team members on the legacy Gibbs & Cox defined pension plan
- High integrity and discretion to ensure the confidentiality of private client and participant data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform moderate to high complexity calculations using just the plan rules with little additional instruction, ability to build own manual calc sheets, and high levels of accuracy in transaction processing
- Acts as subject matter professional of end-to-end processing of calculations, participant issue resolutions, disbursements and data updates
- Provides support for project related tasks
- Participates in special departmental projects
Education, Experience, and Skills: Must have a minimum of 12 years of experience in defined benefit plan administration and operations. Experience managing insurance carriers, plan and program vendors, and acting as the liaison between both the company and employees. Strong communication skills, especially those related to change management, are essential. Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
Special Qualifications: Historical knowledge of the Gibbs & Cox frozen defined benefit plan, ability to develop pension kits, and calculate pension benefits for eligible participants.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.