Leidos has an immediate need for a Senior Security Engineer for a new customer on a highly-visible and strategic Cybersecurity Task Order. The Senior Security Engineer will need to be a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment, and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner. This individual will work with internal team members to ensure that systems are functional, secure, and scalable. The systems and networks developed will be used to collect and process data and improve the customer’s security infrastructure. The Senior Security Engineer will support the design and development of cybersecurity tools and technology along with integration of new architectural features into existing infrastructures while maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide systems and networks.
- Must possess an in-depth understanding of log and monitoring management systems, security event monitoring systems, network-based and host-based intrusion detection systems, firewall technologies, malware detection and enterprise-level antivirus solutions/systems, VPN technologies and encryptions standards
- Must have practical experience in the application, management and implementation of security policies, controls and baselines to wide range of operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.), network equipment (e.g. routers, switches) and network security devices (e.g. firewalls, IDS sensors, proxy servers, VPN concentrators, etc.)
- Must have the ability to review and understand technical policies and standards and provide subject matter expertise and recommendations in its practical application and implementation in an enterprise network security environment
- Conceptualize, design, build, and maintain current and future customer-supported tools and platforms
- Manage multiple assignments and work independently with minimal oversight
- Produce system design documents. Support architectural analysis of cyber security features and existing system related to future needs and trends
- Review and provide input to system requirements based on cybersecurity posture
- Compile industry best practices and lessons learned into future iterations and new designs
- Provide broad-based experience in IT Service Management and apply the experience to specific cyber security initiatives relating to system design, development, and operations and maintenance
- Employ measures to ensure the deployed infrastructure is secure and available
- Advise and assist team members to deploy and configure collection services and tools
- Develop processes to evaluate and improve all operating systems, hardware, software, and firmware solutions
- Work closely with stakeholders to solve technical problems at the network, system and application levels
- Collaborate, coordinate, and build relationships with customer representatives and external stakeholders
- Conduct periodic reviews of installed sensors to assess effectiveness and propose optimal installation alternatives as required
- Draft technical documentation, reports, and presentations as needed for customer or internal use.
- Manage physical and virtual infrastructure and troubleshoot problems to successful completion
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for root cause analysis, engineering technical assessments, and process improvement initiatives
- Provide training and documentation for customer and internal teams
- Review and approve documentation and diagrams (e.g., system specifications)
- Identify tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules and provide realistic schedule and cost estimates
- Maintain a current working knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, security best practices, and technical standards
- Communicate with other technical leads, IT groups, and customer reps so they understand all aspects of proposed changes/solutions
Minimum Requirements include:
- CISA (DHS) Entry on Duty (EOD) is required to support this program
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 12 years of prior relevant experience with a focus on cybersecurity OR Masters with 10 years of prior relevant experience. Security Operations, DevOps, or similar experience may also be considered.
- Additional years of experience and/or certifications may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Expertise with Azure services and components to build, manage, and maintain Azure Cloud environments
- Experience installing, configuring, securing, and troubleshooting Linux
- Extensive automation experience with PowerShell and Shell Scripting for automating repeatable tasks and installations
- Extensive knowledge of server operations and maintenance
- Extensive experience managing enterprise networks
- Understanding of cloud service providers, architecture, and tools to include installing, provisioning, and monitoring
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining tools such as Tanium, Nessus, Forescout, and Cyberark in a hybrid-cloud environment
- Microsoft: MCSE (Server), Azure Administrator Associate, Cybersecurity Architect Expert, Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Red Hat: RHCA, RHCE
- CompTIA: CASP, Sec+
- ISC2: CCSP, CISSP, CSSLP, SSCP
- Experience automating management tasks with Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience working with different Cloud Provider environments (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience developing in Bash, Python, and/or Powershell
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.