Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Employees enjoy career enrichment opportunities available through mobility and development and experience rewarding relationships with supportive supervisors and talented colleagues and customers. Your most important work is ahead.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Incident Responder should be a multi-functional individual with strong technical skills including but not limited to the following core IR Cyber Security domains; cybersecurity incident response phase protocols of triage, isolate, contain, recovery and remediate; digital forensics evidence preservation, collection, and analysis; incident scope, impact, and risk considerations. Candidates should understand the incident response process in accordance with Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Manual (CJCSM) 6510.01 and other applicable DoD/IC directives and policies.
This is a 24/7/365 team. This position is for the nighttime shift. On-call support/hours may be required.
- Work in a team of cyber professionals responsible for enterprise-wide cyber incident response functions.
- Work in a team with all the necessary technical, communication and collaboration skills to perform successful IR work
- Support development and implementation of IR playbooks and leverage automation to reduce IR fatigue, speed triage and isolation tasks and accuracy
- Orchestrate the technical incident response functions involving all cyber incidents and assist host and network based forensic analysis and reporting
- Track and document CND incidents from initial detection through final resolution.
- Perform CND incident triage to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact; identify the specific vulnerability and make recommendations which enable expeditious remediation.
- Correlate incident data and perform CND trend analysis and reporting.
- Support insider threat response, fraud, waste and abuse and legal tasks through the use of digital forensic and defensible evidence collection, processing, and preservation
- Support or conduct CND/CI coordination and reporting to the organization, DoD, and IC
- Write and publish cyber defense techniques, guidance, and reports on incident findings
- Coordinate and work cross-functionally with legal, risk and compliance functions
- In-depth knowledge of each phase of the Incident Response life cycle
- Ability to rapidly triage, isolate, contain, and recover from a cyber incident
- Experience utilizing IR technical tools (SIEM, Endpoint, DLP, Forensics) to facilitate and accelerate response actions and investigations. Previous technical experience with incident response functions in a highly complex SOC environment.
- Familiarity with the utilization, configuration, and implementation of industry standard cyber defense capabilities including but not limited to web content filters, email security capabilities, IDS, IPS, HBSS, SIEM, Domain Name System (DNS) security practices, advanced log analysis, network monitoring, network flow analysis, packet capture analysis, network proxies, firewalls, anti-virus capabilities, Linux/UNIX command line, and access control lists.
- Familiarity with malware triage and analysis, system and network forensics, log analysis and evidentiary procedures.
- Understanding of the lifecycle of the network threats, attack vectors and methods of exploitation.
- Understanding of the incident detection processes and procedures to aid in the facilitation of comprehensive procedures for collaboration and incident escalation from other DCNDC functional teams.
- Ability to collaborate across technical SOC and risk/compliance functions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and work effectively with other contractors and Government civilians.
- Experience working in a 24/7/365 environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team member under tight deadlines with changing priorities.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly required for Position or TS/SCI and willingness to get a poly.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- GIAC Continuous Monitoring (GMON) or equivalent (CySA+, CCNA – Cyber Operations, CCIH) within 180 days of contract start
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II equivalent certification (with continuing education where applicable) (Security+, CCNA Security, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP) or higher
- DoDD 8140/DoD 8570.01M Computing Environment certification
- DoD 8570 CND Incident Responder/CSSP Incident Responder equivalent certification (CEH, CFR, CSA+, GCFA, GCIH, SCYBER) within 180 days of contract start
- Splunk Core Certified User within 180 days of contract start
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 4+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Splunk Certification
- Experience running IR functions in a high matrixed, multi-agency government entity
- Experience developing and implementing IR response plans, playbooks, SOPs, and workflows
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.