At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Employees enjoy career enrichment opportunities available through mobility and development and experience rewarding relationships with supportive supervisors and talented colleagues and customers. Your most important work is ahead.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Cybersecurity Audit Analyst will be a multi-functional individual with strong leadership and technical skills including, but not limited to, the following core Cyber Security domains; insider threat monitoring, detection and evidence collection and response; security auditing and authorization configurations, protocols and reporting; audit, influence and govern people, process and technologies to ensure compliance with applicable internal policies and risk management frameworks.
This is a 24/7/365 team. This position is for the daytime shift.
- Work on a team conducting persistent 24x7x365 Security Audit monitoring, analysis and reporting including analysis and interpretation of security log and event logs for misuse, abuse, and insider threat indicators on all security domains.
- Support data collections for Inspector General, General Counsel, Counterintelligence and Law Enforcement authorities.
- Make recommendations for improvement of Security Audit policies and procedures.
- Prepare, edit, and disseminate bulletins, advisories, and all other documentation associated with Security Auditing.
- Support creation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual metrics and reports of activities.
- Establish and maintain a database for tracking disclosures of classified data and other data mishandling as required by the government.
- Provide support for classified data disclosure incidents including coordinating response within timeframe prescribed per customer SOP.
- Provide formal recommendations to identify and prevent fraud, waste, & abuse and misuse.
- Develop scripts, processes, and procedures to enable effective parsing of data to provide automated reporting.
- Continuously update and improve assessment protocols to maintain compliance directives of the customer and regulatory requirements
- Manage, report, communicate, and action the cyber risk register to give visibility and status of high risk postures and impacts to the customer mission
- Familiarity with Law Enforcement/Counter Intelligence (LE/CI) procedures, inter/intra-agency coordination, evidentiary procedures, and analysis
- Familiarity with cyber defense capabilities including but not limited to Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Host Base Security Solution (HBSS), Intrusion Detection System (IDS) Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), extrusion prevention, end-point device control, host-based insider threat detection, advanced log analysis, network monitoring, network flow analysis, packet capture analysis, network proxies, firewalls, Linux/UNIX command line, and access control lists.
- Understanding of the lifecycle of the network threats, attack vectors and methods of exploitation as it relates to insider threat and the analysis of alleged fraud, waste & abuse
- Experience working in a 24/7/365 environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and work effectively with other contractors and Government civilians.
- Highly organized with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to train and mentor junior staff members
- Ability to work independently and as a team member under tight deadlines with changing priorities.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly required for Position or TS/SCI and willingness to get a poly.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II equivalent certification (with continuing education where applicable) (Security+, CCNA Security, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP) or higher
- DoDD 8140/DoD 8570.01M Computing Environment certification
- DoD 8570 IAT Level III equivalent certification (with continuing education where applicable) (CASP, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH) within 180 days of contract start
- DoD 8570 CND-Auditor/CSSP Auditor equivalent certification (CEH, CSA+, CISA, GCNA) within 180 days of contract start
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 12+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience supporting an enterprise audit and compliance function within a government agency
- Intelligence Community (IC) experience desired
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.