Leidos currently has an opening for an Autonomous Systems C++ Software Engineer to support the development and integration of Underwater Vehicle programs that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across multiple Department of Defense agencies. This position is located at either the Lynnwood or Poulsbo, WA office. Opportunities exist for hybrid or remote work in some cases.
- Analyze software requirements and translate specifications into functional designs
- Implement system autonomy software in C++ or other languages
- Review and test code across multiple projects
- Identify and resolve code defects in new and legacy code
- Contribute to the enhancement of our software development processes and methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Core language skills in C++ within a Linux environment
- Experience with Agile-based methodologies using the Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket) or similar tools
- Ability to communicate and share ideas, concepts, designs, and technical plans with other engineers
- An eagerness to solve complex problems and work together with both junior and senior-level developers to achieve project goals
- Constant integrity in working with our employees and customers
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
- Range of experience in languages such as C#, Java, Python, Rust, and others
- Familiarity and basic understanding of Software Design Patterns
- Background with the design, development, integration, and test of autonomous or remotely operated undersea vehicle systems
- Familiarity with MBSE Systems Modeling Language (SysML) tools such as Cameo Magic Draw
- Experience with ROS, Google Protocol Buffers, Python, SCons, and VSCode
- Experience with virtualized development and production environments
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.