This is an exciting time to join Leidos supporting the AEGIS Program! We are currently seeking a Master Scheduler/Project Management Office Lead who will look across the AEGIS Enterprise to develop and maintain an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) for the AEGIS program. This candidate will also provide the framework and oversight over the Project Management Office, and will be responsible for managing process and procedures ensuring compliance with relevant NASA and Leidos Procedures. This is a key leadership position. The Master Scheduler/PMO lead will directly supervise a team of technical project managers and coordinators to drive NASA Information Technology projects to successful completion. This role coordinates with Program Management, Business Management Office Personnel, Senior Leaders, Work Package Leads, and Customers to develop and maintain the IMS at the program level and for multiple projects and deliverables.
- Management Team, which includes mid-career technical project managers and project support staff.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels for the project management team according to workload and authorized budget.
- Conduct performance reviews and salary planning for direct reports.
- Develop, implement, and maintain project processes and procedures for the program.
- Ensure that all projects adhere to NASA and Leidos standards, policies, and procedures as required.
- Actively manage a portfolio of up to several dozen projects through the overall project lifecycle, ensuring cost, schedule, and performance quality.
- Manage the project assignments and workloads of subordinate project managers.
- Support the development and collection of performance metrics to accurately gauge project success and velocity.
- Coordinate and engage closely with Government project management lead counterparts.
- Establish and maintain strong and productive relationships with key stakeholders, both within Leidos and NASA.
- Regularly brief senior leadership the status of individual projects and the overall portfolio.
- Develop and maintain the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and related artifacts in compliance with scheduling best practices and applicable standards.
- Implement program scheduling business rhythms, develop baseline schedules and associated artifacts to meet contractual/project requirements, and monitor / analyze and report performance against baseline schedules to ensure that contractual cost and schedule are met.
- Schedule Status/Forecast Management/Business Rhythms.
- Baseline Change Control.
- Schedule Health Assessments
- Work with Program Risk Manager on Risk assessments (SRA)/Monte Carlo Analysis (e.g., SSI, Acumen, RiskyProject)
- Significant experience leading highly dynamic, complex projects that impact organization-wide operations
- Experience leading and coaching a team of mid-career professionals
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in a matrixed, geographically dispersed environment and working across organizational boundaries to ensure successful project execution.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with emphasis on communications with government customers and third-party stakeholders.
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced operational environment without direct supervision.
- Experience working with Agile software development methodology.
- Experience leading a matrixed team leveraging Agile/Scrum concepts.
- Familiarity with organizational change management including end user training.
- Experience creating and implementing plans per project goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates a high degree of customer service and teamwork.
- Working knowledge of project management concepts as defined by PMI.
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts.
- Experience with MS Project and/or other schedule management tools
- Working knowledge of cost and schedule integration tools
- Deep knowledge of scheduling theory and related best-practices (e.g., PASEG)
- Strong understanding of Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) architecture
- Understanding of Critical Path and resource loading/management
- Ability to work independently with overall responsibility for the Master Schedule
- Proven ability to work well within a team/collaborative environment with Cost Analysts, PMs, CAMs.
- ITIL Certification
- SAFe® Agile Product Manager / Lean Portfolio Manager
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Experience with NASA 7120
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.