Leidos is seeking an experienced cybersecurity researcher and developer to join our team on a highly visible cyber security single-award IDIQ vehicle. Duties include development of solutions in support of offensive and defensive security, and researching cyber technology domains for trends, vulnerabilities, or known flaws to ensure that critical missions are resilient to cyber exploits and attacks. The researcher and developer will
research common and emerging attacker TTPs, vulnerabilities, and malware to create content that enhances organization threat mitigation and/or detection capabilities. The researcher and developer will develop custom content within the Splunk SIEM using advanced SPL language, data models and other network and endpoint security tools to detect threats and attacks against the department, participate in briefings to provide expert guidance on new threats, and act as an escalation point for analysts. The researcher and developer may also be required to author reports and/or interface with customers for ad-hoc requests and may be needed to participate in discussions to make recommendations on improving NOSC visibility or process.
- Research attacker methodologies and techniques to identify criteria needed to create high fidelity signatures
- Recommend and develop new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of organizational strategy and operations
- Configuring and operating technical security solutions to improve or enhance threat detection capabilities
- Analyze, trend, and filter data and events across all data sources to create security dashboards that provide insight into enterprise events, trends, and activity for multiple stake holders
- Develop and formalize processes to support the full lifecycle of content-development (conception, creation, testing, documentation, implementation, tuning)
- Creating and maintaining high fidelity alerts across all Security Tool technologies
- Utilize knowledge of latest threats and attack vectors, and capture use cases from subscribers or other team members to develop signatures and/or detection mechanisms for continuous monitoring
- Develop material and assist with training and mentoring of junior staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field PLUS at least twelve (8) years of relevant experience, with at least eight (4) of that twelve in incident detection and response, SIEM content development, malware analysis, cyber threat intelligence, and/or cyber forensics
- Extensive experience working with cybersecurity methodologies and processes
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, experience configuring and implementing various technical security solutions, and extensive experience providing analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices
- Create documentation that details inner workings of an attack and how to properly triage associated alerts
- Analyzing and reverse engineering malware
- Using ATT&CK and/or other frameworks to prioritize efforts and categorize alerts/signatures
- Baselining enterprise events to identify “normal” activity over time
- SOP development and updating along with training new SOP’s
- Expertise in developing optimized SPL using macros, lookups, sub-searches, sequenced events, and other advanced techniques
- Leveraging multiple log sources to identify malicious behaviors that blend in with normal Enterprise activity
- Use of scripting and regex to extract and parse data
- Using Cloud log data and understanding of cloud architecture to develop security monitoring
- SANS GCIH, GCFA, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIA, or equivalent
- Splunk Power User
Experience with Cloud (e.g. O365, Azure, AWS, etc) security monitoring and expertise in the cloud threat landscape
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.