As a Systems Engineer, you will work as an integral member of a government/contractor team supporting our customer's operations organization. The systems engineering team supports all aspects of the system lifecycle - from design and analysis to integration and testing. In this role, you will prepare requirement documents, assess vendor produced documentation, and participate in systems testing and integration. Your work will encompass advanced systems, such as command and control elements and data processing systems.
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 8 years of experience. Additional experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
- At least four (4) years of recent experience integrating systems processes and/or software development methodologies, planning, designing, and analyzing functional system processes - either hardware or software-based systems.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance is required. An active TS/SCI with polygraph is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to devise solutions for complex problems that require in-depth analysis of tangible and intangible factors.
- Experience converting a system definition to a sufficiently detailed system design specification to support system development and deployment.
- Experience working as a member of a multidisciplinary project team that may include engineers, scientists, designers, and technicians.
- Significant verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment; present and explain technical information to colleagues, management, or sponsors.
- Experience with the Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approach to systems engineering.
- Subject matter expert knowledge of advanced system concepts related to aerospace and/or spacecraft engineering and demonstrated experience with the development of proposals to meet customer requirements.
- Aerospace and/or spacecraft engineering experience with designing, assembling or testing applicable hardware.
- Experience and a demonstrated record of success developing and implementing innovative solutions for a diverse range of highly complex multi-disciplinary problems and devising corrective actions where necessary.
- Proficient using systems engineering modeling tools (e.g. CORE, Cameo Systems Modeler, MagicDraw or MapleMBSE) to support system requirements, design, analysis, verification & validation, and continuing throughout development and later life-cycle phases.
- Experience developing system engineering processes for phases of the system development lifecycle, including transition.
- Experience developing and publishing system architecture documents, project plans, test plans, test results, and transition plans.
- Experience working with both users and developers to properly capture and translate system use cases to technical requirements.
- Experience investigating and documenting existing system architectures
- Experience supporting operations.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.