Join a team committed to a mission!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening a Senior IT Service Support Admin. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Defense product line mission. In this mission, we support the Cybersecurity mission of the Reagan Test Site located in Huntsville, AL.
Are you ready to unleash your potential?
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Responsibilities – Work you’ll do:
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance via phone, e-mail, or in person for Help Desk and Network administration related support.
- Assist with day-to-day computer hardware and software issues.
- Process the onboarding for new employees by coordinating with the IT Help Desk Manager.
- Coordinate directly with the government customer to provide status of tickets and tasks.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Assign and prioritize work for helpdesk employees.
- Recording all calls/activities in the service desk tool (Service Now).
- Take an active role in the Incident Response and Problem Management processes, representing the desktop environment.
- Manage trouble ticket queues; track from creation to closure; perform trend and root-cause analysis to resolve groups of trouble tickets; document efforts in the trouble ticket system to other tier levels; provide measures to mitigate future occurrences.
- Maintain physical inventory of stock items and reorder as required.
- Service requests for VTCs, teleconferencing and room events.
- Install and maintain network hardware and software including workstation operating systems and applications.
- Relocate workstations, reimage workstations, install new software, install updates to software, etc.
- Duties will include assisting in the ongoing development and maintenance of the organization’s infrastructure.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience (additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree).
- Requires DODi- 8570 certification to meet IATI (Security+ CE and a related certification).
- Basic understanding of the user-facing functions of Microsoft SharePoint.
- Required to be able to lift/carry up to fifty pounds as well as physically climb multiple flights of stairs, withstand prolonged standing, and work in adverse weather conditions.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, visual, and written communication skills for communications to technical and non-technical staff & customers.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education – Favorable if you have:
- BS Degree in related field.
- Service Now experience.
- Computing Environment certification – Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Possess an active DoD Secret security clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $91,000.00 - $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.