The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group is seeking a Senior System Administrator to support the DoD Mobility Classified Capability (DMCC) program as part of GSM-O II in San Antonio, TX.
We’re seeking a candidate experienced and proficient with Windows server or Linux server operations, sustainment, and management activities to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the DoD's secure mobile device capability service. As a Sys Admin subject matter expert (SME), you’ll work as part of a 24x7 Network Operations team responsible for managing an infrastructure comprised of a variety of servers, network appliances, and applications supporting voice and data services.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Provide expert technical knowledge to monitor and maintain an enterprise services environment consisting of Windows servers, Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers, and network appliances.
- Assist mission partners with mobile device VPN connectivity debugging, user account and device management, and troubleshooting system/service access issues.
- Implement and deploy scripting or automation tools to optimize processes and improve the efficiency of the environment - PowerShell, Python, Bash, Ansible, Puppet.
- Be a point of escalation for lower-level technicians and higher difficulty issues.
- Lead configuration updates and maintenance activities to patch, secure, and maintain systems.
- Respond to, analyze, and resolve issues that degrade system or network performance to minimize downtime.
- Use advanced systems and networking knowledge to develop solutions for complex technical issues.
- Create and update documentation for common issues and processes, technical drawings, and related artifacts to contribute to the team’s knowledge base.
- Collaborate with other technical experts and external stakeholders to provide engineering solutions for design changes and upgrades.
- Mentor, lead, and train junior level team members.
- Work non-standard hours (night, weekends, holidays) in support of 24x7x365 operations and sustainment environment.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of related experience or Master’s degree and 6 years of related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active DoD SECRET clearance.
- DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 certification (Security+ CE) within 6 months of hire date.
- Extensive experience troubleshooting Windows OS or Linux OS, network, and domain related issue.
- Extensive experience performing system administration tasks - installing, maintaining, monitoring, recovering, rebuilding, upgrading, patching.
- Extensive experience researching complex technical solutions beyond internal SOPs.
- Experience working with multiple technologies and open to learning new technologies.
- Fluent understanding of networking concepts such as OSI Model, LAN/WAN, IPv4/IPv6, subnetting and VLANs.
- Experience maintaining systems and services in an air-gapped environment.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgement, professionalism, and communicate clearly (verbal and written).
- Highly proficient problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
Desired Qualifications (not required, but a huge plus):
- Experience with VMWare - ESX/ESXi, vCenter, vSphere.
- Experience with AD, SCCM, SQL, MySQL, SELinux, DNS, Group Policy management.
- Experience configuring and maintaining network devices - switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs.
- Knowledge of security policies such as DISA STIGS and general vulnerabilities management.
- Certifications with major system vendors such as Microsoft, Red Hat, VMware, Cisco, Juniper, or Aruba.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.