Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. Leidos employees enjoy market-competitive compensation and benefits and career growth opportunities to match individual ambitions.
Leidos is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to support the Maritime System Division (MSD) in Sterling, VA, an AS9100 certified facility. The successful candidate shall work for a hardware-production and integration facility supporting DoD customers. MSD/Sterling runs a design/build business model, creating new products each year and building and supporting them to meet various customers’ needs. Current baseline includes 25 product lines of rugged displays and computers, integrated rack systems, and consoles, in a light touch, high mix/ low rate of production environment for various Navy activities, shipbuilders, and integrators.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for maintaining the Quality Management System (QMS) and ensuring that industries standards (e.g., ISO, AS9100, CMMI, etc.) and all necessary QMS processes are adequately defined, deployed, and continually improved.
- Monitor the AS9100 QMS that ensures delivery of quality products that conform to contract requirements. Ensure the practice of quality inspections of in-process production items and finished products meets written procedures and standards.
- Responsible for developing, collecting, tracking, monitoring and briefing key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Conduct Quality Management Reviews, quarterly. Report on the QMS as implemented and engage site leadership regarding progress towards meeting quality objectives.
- Manage and supervise the personnel conducting inspections, including receiving inspection, in-process inspection and final inspection.
- Support engineering team during new product design.
- Coordinate and provide training to the employees on QMS processes and related documentation to ensure understanding and effective practice.
- Interact directly with customers regarding product quality and maintain solid customer relations, as required.
- Review and analyze quality clauses in requests for proposals (RFPs) and statements of work (SOW) when proposing future work and in contracts post award to ensure the Sterling QMS will meet requirements. Define any gaps and implement needed changes with site leadership. Identify requirements to flow down to suppliers.
- Conduct the internal audit program. Includes: 3-yr audit schedule, audit notification, audit reporting.
- Generate corrective action requests for audit findings and maintain the Common Audit Database (CAD) with timely updates/closures of audit findings.
- Support the development of Sterling’s supply chains with quality measurements. Conduct on-site or virtual supplier quality survey for initial evaluation and periodic re-evaluation of Leidos suppliers.
- Manage the Non-Conformance process for defective products and materials. Apply defect analysis to investigate, categorize, resolve, and report manufacturing defects.
- Conducts root cause analysis (RCA) on trends, customer concerns/CAR/negative CPARs to ensure corrective and preventive actions are performed to prevent recurrence
- Lead continuous improvement objectives of the Sterling, VA site
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS degree and 4 years’ relevant experience or MS and 2 years’ relevant experience
- Experience operating and maintaining AS9100 quality systems
- Strong communication and analytical skills required
- Ability to manage many activities simultaneously
- Self-starter with attention to detail / observant
- Able to interpret written specifications and drawings
- Ability to stand for long period of time
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in normal warehouse/production environment
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance
- Industry quality certification in AS9100, is highly desirable
- Possess foundational understanding of acceptable quality level (AQL), ISO, Lean, Root Cause Analysis
- Familiarity with hardware development processes
- Familiarity with DOD quality assurance processes
- Proficient in MS Office and ability to learn new systems to support job responsibilities.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.