Looking for a fun and exciting new role? Leidos Civil Group has an immediate need for a Contracts Manager to support its Enterprise IT and Mission Operations (EMS). Seeking a motivated self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment in support of NASA contracts. The selected candidate will report directly to the Director of Contracts.
The Contracts Manager will serve as an contracts advisor to their respective Project Managers to ensure compliance with contract requirements, company policy and procedures, and applicable laws.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to convey complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
Please Note: The position will be partially remote/work at home. Strong preference for candidate selected to reside / be living in Huntsville, AL OR Gaithersburg, MD. One needs to be available to come work onsite, 1 to 2 days a week to a Leidos Facility OR when asked to go in the office).
- Provide oversight and support of major proposals, monitoring major contracts, lead or assist in key negotiations, resolve performance issues, identify risks and associated mitigations, ensure compliance with Leidos policies, procedures as well as government and contract requirements.
- Provide advice and counsel to Operations counterparts and less experienced Contracts staff.
- Regularly interact with programs, contracts, project control, finance, business development and with NASA customer as required.
- Attend early capture sessions to determine specific information and requirements in order to apply the correct contracts skills, techniques, methods and resources for the group thus meeting Leidos’ as well as the customer’s expectations and objectives.
- Develop or review prime contract flow down documents to ensure compliance with prime contract requirements and to minimize company liability.
- Support internal/external audit activities as well as data requests.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of related experience OR Master’s degree with 6+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered/accepted in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Expert knowledge within federal government contracts with emphasis on proposal support.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including experience negotiating complex terms and conditions.
- Have experience with contract types and a working knowledge of FAR/DFAR.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with executive management and staff regarding Contracts.
- issues with high degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Ability to establish relationships internally and within the Leidos community.
- Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust security clearance.
- Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Experience working with NASA.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.