Leidos currently has an opening for an Information Assurance Manager (IAM) to work in our Chesapeake VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience assisting contract(s) mission and lead a team of Information Assurance professionals. This position will support program(s) and project(s) housed at that location. The IAM will establish and document standard security procedures in accordance with the NIST RMF and DAAPM requirements. The IAM will coordinate with business area managers /professional staff on system security compliance. The IAM will be responsible for maintaining RMF Information System ATOs. They will conduct periodic reviews to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures. This will include, but not be limited to ensuring that all software, hardware and firmware changes recorded as required by established configuration management procedures. The IAM will ensure implementation of security features for the detection of malicious code, viruses, and intruders (hackers), as appropriate. Ensure systems are operated, maintained and disposed of in accordance with applicable governing policies and procedures. Assist in performing IS security briefings to authorized individuals prior to those users gaining access classified information systems. Report all security incidents to the FSO, and be required to investigate, document and report, as well as provide protective and corrective measures in response to such incidents.
- Ensure system support needs are met for certification & accreditation, system implementation, operation & maintenance, and IA compliance.
- Engineer, implement, and enforce technical and administrative security measures and processes to ensure all system achieve and maintain government compliance with directives outline in the JSIG, DAAPM, ICD 503, DODIIS, and NISPOM.
- Responsible for maintaining System Security Plans (SSP) and all documentation associated with Federal Information System Management Act
- Serve as the Information System Security Manager (ISSM)
- Assist with providing security solutions to optimize performance and ensure security measures are optimized.
- Install, configure and maintain network equipment such as switches, end point protection, patches, firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Support the Information Systems accreditation and authorization process as needed.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining security policies and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring proper protection or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered.
- Responsible for responding to security incidents and for investigating and reporting security violations and incidents, as appropriate.
- Assist with maintaining the information security education program, including leading training as required.
- DoD 8570 compliant IA certification for IAM I (Security+, etc), and be able to obtain IAM Level II within 6 months of hire.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 – 10 years related experience in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field or a Master’s with 4 – 6 years of related experience. Additional relevant experience, training, and / or certification may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Solid working knowledge of Windows and UNIX operating systems
- Strong experience with Information Security, supporting processes and procedures.
- Must have an active Secret clearance and be capable of upgrading to Top Secret.
- Excellent customer service skills and clear communications both written and oral
- Comfortable working in an environment without immediate supervision, and leading a team
- Risk Management Framework (RMF) knowledge and experience in working through.
- CISSP or CISM
- Windows Certifications
- CENTOS experience
- Virtual environment administration experience
- SIPR installation and administration experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.