The United States Government uses space systems to solve many complex problems to protect our warfighters and gather information on threats to our national interest. The Leidos National Security Space (NSS) Space Sensors Branch performs space payload systems research and development to create innovative one-of-a-kind solutions to these complex customer needs.
NSS Space Sensors Branch has an opportunity for a Space Systems Solutions Architect to join our team in San Diego, California, to work on the research, design, development, and operations of space-based infrared and visible payloads for use in missile warning, missile tracking, cis-lunar space situational awareness, and remote sensing missions. This includes immediate involvement on programs slated for launch in 2023 and in development for launch in 2025/26. Programs are funded by multiple United States Government sponsors, industry, as well as Internal Research and Development (IR&D) efforts. The Solutions Architect will participate in developing and studying solutions for space-based imaging systems for a space-missions in LEO, MEO, GEO and XGEO. Upon award, efforts include solution conceptualization, concept of operations development, requirements definitions, mission design and analysis, and mission operations support.
- Architect solutions for missile warning, missile tracking, SSA, and remote sensing missions using advanced imaging technologies.
- Plan and perform required mission analysis and presenting results to peers and customers both in writing and as part of oral presentations.
- Business development activities including development of white papers and proposals that address customer needs consistent with Leidos business objectives.
- Should be familiar with mission engineering tools such as the Systems Tool Kit (STK) or equivalent as well as engineering analysis performed with tools such as MATLAB or equivalent.
- In-depth comprehension of space systems including technical principles, theories, concepts, and their application across range of programs.
- Bachelor of Science degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a United States Government Secret security clearance.
- Serve as a subject matter expert within technical domain area.
- Knowledge of how space-based systems are designed, specified, developed, manufactured, and operated with domain expertise in infrared and/or visible sensors.
- Knowledge and experience of military doctrine and current threats related to advanced missiles, hypersonics, and/or space objects.
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical approaches to architect solutions to counter threats
- Comprehension of orbital mechanics and space environments for LEO, MEO, GEO and/or XGEO.
- Experience in proposal development and writing technical reports.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, MATLAB, STK, or equivalent.
- Effective communication, coordination, and customer engagement skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and team environment.
- Hands-on experience operating and evaluating data from a space-based infrared or optical systems.
- Knowledge of military doctrine and threats related to missile warning/tracking and/or space situations awareness.
- Understanding of data processing approaches, algorithms, and techniques
- Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.