We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for Senior Network Engineer to provide technical support for the development, test, deployment, and sustainment of a complex telecommunication system. As a Senior Network Engineer on this program, you will be a member of a team that interacts with technical and non-technical teammates, including customers and vendors. You will be looked at as a subject matter expert in all things related to the IP and Optical networks - including the WAN and LAN in multiple environments (DEV/TEST and Production). In this role, you will lead a small team, provide technical assistance, administer configurations, support testing, recommend enhancements, and troubleshoot and resolve issues associated with the various network components.
- Provide engineering and technical expertise on all issues relating to the specified telecommunications networks/information systems within the DISN.
- Research, analyze and/or develop reports that provide engineering and recommendations across a broad range of specialized network/system functional areas, such as network systems engineering, network topology planning, network route planning, management of network configurations, migration strategies, and method of procedures with an understanding of modeling and simulation of the networks/systems.
- Work closely with DISN government engineers and leadership, project managers, and GSM-O Task Managers for coordination, implementation, and testing of new projects to ensure successful transitions to operations. Must understand the impact of U.S. defense doctrine on the operations, maintenance, and management of both tactical and strategic systems, and how to effectively interface tactical and strategic telecommunications systems into a seamless entity. Apply specialized knowledge of military unique features, specifically built into the network and its subtending hardware and software, to ensure appropriate support to the warfighter's requirements.
- Evaluate system network requirements and make appropriate technical recommendations.
- Provide engineering to establish remote management connectivity, oversee performance verification testing (BER or "burn-in" tests) and configuring alarm and system profiles, and configuring/testing various layers of the OSI model.
- Support installation test and acceptance (IT&A) of network components both directly through the various GUI/CLI or interface systems, by directing and/or facilitating remote testing with on-site field engineering support.
- Monitor network performance.
- Support project deployments as required.
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of overall related experience or Master with 10+ years. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must possess an active Top Secret with SCI eligibility clearance.
- Must possess a current DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security +ce.
- The candidate must have excellent written and oral communications skills, strong customer relation and leadership abilities with experience in developing presentations and briefing senior personnel.
- Experience in remotely configuring networking or transport devices.
- Familiar with SONET, TDM, DWDM, IP, and MPLS networks.
- Expertise in one or more of the following: IP routing, QoS, traffic engineering, DNS; TDM switching; Optical Transport; Crypto; Network appliances (WAN acceleration, etc).
- Ability to map IP addresses and subnets for networking devices.
- Ability to establish in-band/out of band management connections on transport devices.
- Ability to interpret network topology diagrams and propose device configuration changes.
- Proficiency with Juniper IOS, CISCO IOS, or other IP/transport specific management tools (EMS) and general practices. Expertise in IP technologies, i.e., Networking architectures and methodologies, and Voice Services.
- Expert knowledge of IP principles and protocols.
- Proficiency on at least two or more of the following devices: Juniper MX routers, Ciena 6500/5160 Optical Platforms, Cisco 42XX series, Infinera ODXC, Promina, Juniper CTP, Juniper SRX firewalls, Juniper EX switches, SONUS SBCs, KG175, SafeNet IP and SONET encryptors.
- Basic Linux Administration or command line interface (CLI) and scripting skills.
- General knowledge RADIUS, SNMP, NTP, TLS and PKI protocols.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following tools: WWOLS, MSS, OneNet, SMC, SILVX, CTC, Junos Space, SolarWinds.
- Knowledge of configuring, deploying, and supporting HAIPE (KG-175D) - especially with GD GemOne.
- Experience leading a team of technical engineers and communication status to leadership.
- Proficient with VISIO drawing software.
- Possess an understanding of the physical network infrastructure including fiber optics and copper wiring standards, AC and DC power distribution (rectifiers and inverters), hardware (media converters, modems, repeaters, etc.).
- JNCIA or JNCIP.
- Knowledge of Project Management disciplines. Possess a PMP certification.
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.