The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Software Engineer Level 2 on a newly awarded program! This Leidos-led Prime Program is a large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of large, collection systems. The work that's being done is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
*Qualified candidates are eligible for enhanced incentives including up to a $20K cash sign on bonus or a paid time off bonus.
The Software Engineer will serve as an engineering team lead. They will support the development of engineering dashboards. The Engineer will be responsible for setting up the ingestion of various customer dataflows to include pre-processing data into a useable format. The Engineer will need to demonstrate a proven history of analyzing and presenting SIGINT information.
- Develop user-oriented software
- Work with researchers to develop visualizations and other methods to communicate analysis results
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary group of engineers to accomplish project tasks
- Build relationships with internal and external clients
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science or Software Engineering from an accredited college or university or a master’s degree and ten (10) to thirteen (13) years of prior relevant experience.
- Twelve (12) to fifteen (15) years’ experience in software development and engineering. SOA and web-enabling technologies, programming languages (Java, Python, C++), and industry-accepted security engineering practices and standards.
- Within the last twelve (12) years, a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience with designing, coding, testing, and debugging software to run under Redhat Linux Operating system.
- Experience with Java Frameworks (Spring, Hibernate) and RESTful web services.
- Experience with Oracle or other relational database management systems (RDBMS).
- Experience using version control (Git preferred).
- Experience with NIFI to include the ability to write NIFI processors in JAVA is highly desired.
- Additional experience with SIGINT systems or modern telecommunications systems and networks.
- Familiar with Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira, Bamboo, Fisheye).
- Experience with Data Manipulation/Scripting (PERL, SQL, PL/SQL, EXCEL API, Shell Scripting).
- Experience with XML and JSON
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with Continuous Integration
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.