The Civil Group at Leidos has an opening for a Senior Fire Protection Engineer to be located in Fort Worth, TX.
Join the NISC team to assist the Central Service Area to support and improve Fire Life Safety (FLS) program elements intended to protect employees and others in the workplace and ensure Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) compliance with Federal, State, and FAA laws and regulations.
In this role you will support numerous facets of the FAA’s Fire Life Safety (FLS) Program, FLS Guidance, Policy Development, and Planning, specifically:
- Assist with the development of FLS code and standards analyses
- Provide guidance on the applicability of codes and standards to FAA facilities, its mission, and specific technical items encountered
- Provide FLS guidance to the FAA on program and Agency initiatives where the FLS program is a stakeholder
- Develop technical guidance on issues related to design and construction
- Assist with the development of standard specifications for installations at FAA facilities
- Assist with FLS programmatic planning initiatives, prioritization, and consultation regarding program direction and goals.
- Authoring white papers, proposals, and analysis papers on any of the items above for distribution to FLS stakeholders
- Assist FAA engineers with site surveys to determine the fire protection deficiencies in the facility.
- Review 90% designs prepared by the FAA. The review may be strictly a paper review or may include an on-site review depending on the individual site requirements.
- Review fire systems shop drawings and product data submittals by contractors to determine if they meet the project design and national fire code requirements.
- On-site construction review of FAA construction projects to determine if the contractor’s fire systems installation meets the project design and national fire code requirements.
- Assist the FAA to conduct fire systems installation inspection and testing to ensure the installation meets the project design and fire code requirements.
FLS System Design
- Create scopes of work, designs, and costs estimates for new FLS installations or upgrades at FAA facilities. System features include fire alarms, fire pumps, sprinkler systems, and stair pressurization systems
- Perform critical review of other FLS System designs to ensure code compliance and applicability to requirements
- Perform construction oversight to ensure projects are implemented according to plans, answer technical issues regarding FLS plans, respond to RFIs and submittals, and troubleshoot issues encountered during construction
FLS Condition Risk Assessments (CRA).
- Coordination of sites with customer on specific dates, locations, impacts to the facility, etc.
- Develop and maintain a current schedule of CRA’s, at all times, with dates of visit, location, current status of CRA, team assigned, IRMC status, and other relevant information.
- Complete, submit and maintain applicable IRMC for each project, with appropriate dates, stakeholders, approvers, etc. IRMC will be submitted no less than 30 days prior to site visit and will be approved before traveling to site.
- Efficiently mitigate findings identified during site visits determined by the AJW-2C18C Infrastructure Engineering Center A FTW.
- Provide additional CRA support as requested by AJW-2C18C Infrastructure Engineering Center A FTW.
- Twenty years of experience in the design and installation of fire protection systems in critical facilities. This can include Airport Traffic Control Towers, data centers, airport hangars, and / or hospitals.
- Strong working knowledge of applicable ICC and NFPA codes is required.
- Experience developing and/or providing holistic consultation on FLS programs is required.
- Ability to produce FLS designs of a variety of critical FLS elements, and be able to provide critical comments on FLS designs and installations.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Experience with FAA National Airspace System facilities, FAA staffed or unstaffed facilities, or similar government installations.
- Experience with 29 CFR 1960.20 is highly desired.
- Specific experience with programs at Federal agencies is preferred, with FAA experience weighted heavily.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.