Leidos is looking for a Network Engineer to be part of a team responsible for the design, migration, implementation, enhancement, optimization and maintenance of LAN/WAN/Video/Voice/desktop infrastructure. This position will work with engineers on various technical projects. This could include but not limited to network consolidation and integration, architecture designs and updates, site renovations and relocations.
Travel: May require occasional travel throughout the continental U.S.
* As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and psychological screening
- Provide technical expertise and assist with network integration and consolidation efforts across multiple systems environments.
- Addresses and resolves technical problems of moderate complexity relating to the installation and upgrade of network hardware and systems.
- Interface with customers, vendors and other technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements.
- Engineer/implement technical solutions from a cradle to grave technical approach.
- Lead a team of engineers on multiple projects, ensuring everyone is properly utilized to provide a finalized technical solution/implementation.
- Assist/train engineers on new technologies to better the organizations technical expertise
- Understanding of software automation tools and ability to incorporate programming languages to do the repetitious tasks.
- Resolves highly complex problems and multi-dimensional problems requiring reconsideration that will affect the program
- Leads development of innovative solutions achieved through collaboration with other experts in the field
- Document engineering standards, supports the development of network architecture and engineering designs and changes.
- Assist in evaluating current and emerging technologies, conducts technical assessments and makes recommendation to senior engineers.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Effectively complete multiple projects and tasks with minimal oversight.
- Required is a Bachelors' degree and at least 17 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 15 years prior relevant experience OR 20 plus years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
- Clearance: Active Top Secret/SCI clearance w/Poly is required to be considered
- Experience with service providers from the ordering process through service delivery.
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 hands-on configuration experience, with emphasis on dynamic routing protocols, such as, BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF. Knowledge configuring GRE and IPSEC Tunnels, MPLS, DMVPN, VPLS and Remote Site and Site-to-Site VPNs. Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in network dev-ops utilizing python, API’s, network automation, Netconf, restconf, netmiko, yaml, jinja2
- Experience in AWS, Asure, Cloud network engineering, and datacenter technologies using nexus platforms.
- Engineering Voice/Video solutions witch Cisco Call Manager, CMS, VTC’s, VoIP
- Experience with network security concepts, best practices and technologies including, but not limited to, SSH, IPSec, TACACS, PKI, firewall policies, DNS, Active Directory, and 802.1x
- Experience utilizing Juniper SRX Firewalls and Palo-Alto Firewalls to engineer boundary protection mechanisms.
- Familiarity with data center infrastructure and experience with Cisco Routers, Switches, Nex Gen Firewalls, ESXi, VMware.
- Solid understanding of WAN service offerings, service order specifications, service delivery coordination, and cross-connect specifications.
- Experience interacting with Government clients and other contractors, with emphasis on coordinating and resolving technical issues.
- Excellent communications skills with particular emphasis on clarity and accuracy of receiving and delivering technical information, to include effectively conveying technical information to a less-knowledgeable audience.
- Experience with public data centers to include the service (rack) ordering process, specifying inter-rack connections, and WAN service delivery to equipment racks.
- Experience with installation, configuration, and troubleshooting on the Cisco Network Convergence System (NCS) series devices.
- Experience with Cisco EPN-M for NCS provisioning of WAN services, inter data center cross-connects, and service delivery to the network edge.
- Experience with Cisco ASR series routers and their configuration of the IOS XR platform.
- Solid understanding of, and experience with, general routing and switching technologies, to include
- Spanning tree, link aggregation techniques, and VLAN’s
- Configuration of interfaces, subnets, and SVI’s.
- Working knowledge of SD-WAN architectures and products.
- Experience with DWDM and dark fiber.
- Experience with cloud service provisioning in AWS and Azure.
- Experience with Cisco DNA.
- Experience with Cisco ISE.
- Experience with Cisco ACI/Apstra and leaf-spine architectures.
- Cisco CCNP certification (or higher).
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.