Deputy Head of Quality
Location: Emersons Green, Bristol UK/Hybrid
We’re ready for you to unleash your potential!
Leidos Europe Ltd is seeking a UK based Deputy Head of Quality who is a motivated self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment. They will be a dedicated resource to the Logistics Division working on the Ministry of Defence Logistics, Commodities and Services Transformation (LCST) Programme.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance the Deputy Head will oversee a team of quality assurance advisors and the audit programme covering internal, external and supplier audits. You will be acting as the first point of contact for associated issues.
As a key member of the compliance team, you will have tangible as well as strategic input within a growing business. You will be accountable for driving the culture of quality and compliance to the next level as the programme continues to expand.
The role will be hybrid, with expectations to be in office at least twice a week and some travel will be required.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Deputy Head of Quality position is a hands-on leader with strong background in quality assurance and quality control in an operational environment. The successful candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a keen eye for detail, and evidence of CPD study on quality-related subjects.
This position will work cross-functionally with our Defence customer, key sub-contractors and the operations teams to be ensure the quality programmes and procedures are of the highest standards so that we deliver products and services of the highest quality to our customers.
- Overseeing programme wide quality processes to ensure compliance and risk mitigation.
- Oversee development and self-inspections of the quality management systems.
- A champion of continuous improvement you will support a culture of problem solving and service evolution.
- The role will also drive forward on critical compliance topics such as ISO and AQAP activity.
- Ensure that adequate records are maintained.
- Ensure that all personnel are trained and aware of compliance and quality requirements.
- Deputise for the Head of Compliance in both Customer and Key Sub-Contractor meetings, where necessary.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Certification in a relevant discipline is necessary, as would a number of years working within an established quality team in an operations environment.
- Holds ISO9001 Lead Auditor Qualification.
- Experience implementing corrective and preventative actions (CAPA) and conducting Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Proven experience working as an auditor alongside development, implementation and maintenance of quality systems is essential.
- Credibility at a senior management level with the ability to influence senior stakeholders.
- Experience of implementing continuous improvement methodologies (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma).
- Experience of Internal, external and supplier auditing.
- People management skills and the ability to develop others.
- UK citizenship
- Be able to achieve SC clearance
- Willing to travel UK and Overseas
- Experience working with MOD contracts, policies and procedures including AQAP, Defence Standards and Joint Service Publications.
- Experience working with the following tools: Power BI, SharePoint, MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Jira
- Active SC security clearance
- BPSS to start
- SC for the role
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.