Leidos is seeking a Cartographic Analyst to work for our St. Louis Missouri, customer. An ACTIVE TS/SCI clearance level and willingness to obtain a POLY is REQUIRED for consideration.
Cartographic Analyst duties includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Works as a member of a government-contractor team to provide Cartographic analysis as well as data review for various production tasks.
- Manipulation and analysis of Government spec source data through the utilizing of standard GIS software and tools.
- Candidate will Assess and provide Quality Control review of data in Government standard geospatial schemas
- Work may be performed with limited technical direction
- Candidate will have a high level of cartographic and analytical expertise using GIS software.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Active TS/SCI clearance and willingness to obtain a POLY is REQUIRED
- Principles and practices of geospatial data creation, conversion, maintenance, and manipulation.
- A minimum of 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience is required and a bachelor degree is desired. In lieu of a degree, 4 years of additional experience maybe substituted.
- Geospatial data sources and metadata documentation standards
- Cartographic principles, including map design and production.
- Geospatial analysis techniques, including geo-processing, statistical tools and raster processing.
- Principles and techniques of GIS database design and data models.
- GIS software concepts and terminology.
- Operational characteristics and capabilities of relational database management systems.
- Military school-house training in Geospatial Analysis/Engineering or Cartography
- Bachelor degree in a field related to the support services may count for up to four years of this experience or a master degree in a field related to the support services may count for up to two additional years of this experience.
"External Referral Eligible"
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.