Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Airborne Solutions Operation of the Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Senior-Level Autonomous Systems Engineer for a position in Dayton, OH (prefer on-site but will consider tele-commuting). The Senior-Level Autonomous Systems Engineer will work with other engineers across Leidos to support unmanned airborne systems (UAS) autonomy. This position will contribute to the Leidos autonomy architectures and represent Leidos capabilities in such systems to our customers, our internal and external partners, and the community.
What’s in it for you?
The Senior Level Autonomous Systems Engineer will support the execution of the research agenda in Autonomy that focuses on delivering key capabilities to our customers and markets. He/she will support the development, design, and delivery of scalable solution patterns that enable rapid development of new solutions across programs. He/she will work with a team of Scientists and Engineers who provide direct support in UAS Autonomous Systems and will play a role in supporting these activities across Leidos.
Please note: Work location for this position will be in Dayton, OH
THE CHALLENGE (primary responsibilities)
- Design, articulate, and support the development of autonomous architecture subsystems and components that provide capabilities to support UAS programs
- Work alongside other engineers and scientists developing and delivering autonomous solutions in a range of technology areas, to include
-- Perception and situational understanding
-- Planning and decision-making
-- Behavior and action execution
-- Collaboration and manned-unmanned teaming
WHAT SETS YOU APART (basic qualifications)
- Bachelor’s in computer science, or engineering degree with minimum 3.0 GPA with minimum of eight (8) years of prior relevant experience, or a Masters with four (4) years of prior relevant experience, or a Ph.D. with two (2) years of prior relevant experience.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of autonomous systems design
- Ability to discuss autonomy architectures and/or autonomous behaviors
- Ability to lead others as part of an autonomy team
Security Clearance Requirement
-Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
- Secret clearance preferred
- Familiarity with commercial and Open Source Autonomy / AI / ML / Data Science platforms is a plus
- Familiarity with some autonomous systems development tools (e.g., CARACaS, Moose/IvP, ROS, SOAR, and ACT-R)
- Familiarity with modeling and simulation tools (e.g. AFSIM, Gazebo, AirSim, and Matlab/Simulink)
- Experience designing, developing, and deploying autonomous systems (e.g., single-agent, swarms, heterogeneous)
- Experience with Human-to-Machine and Machine-to-Machine teaming
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.