At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
We are looking for a Systems Administrator to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Leidos provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
In this role, you will perform systems administration and system life-cycle management duties with all components of classified information systems on physical and virtual platforms to include Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, network storage devices, authentication servers, workstations, and data management.
You will be documenting new process and procedures and to make suggestions for process improvement to current operations. The candidate will need to research new technologies, their best practices, and present how to implement new technologies into Leidos environments with a focus on secure implementations.
You will work with fellow team members, our security staff as well as the system user base in a constructive manner to present cost-effective, relevant, and responsive IT solutions.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment and should be able to adapt to challenges quickly. You will assist customers to meet their goals while working within various US Government policy frameworks.
Active DoD Secret Security Clearance required.
- Assist with design, deployment, maintenance, and remediation of security flaws or configurations in operating systems. Operating system patch management, testing, and implementation into secure environments.
- Duties may include updating and supporting systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space.
- Implement critical patches, reviewing systems performance logs to identify anomalies and troubleshoot issues.
- Work closely with the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) to ensure needed system changes are compliant with the System Security Plans (SSPs).
- Address user software, hardware, or configuration change requests and provide technical details to the ISSO for review and approval.
- Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience performing systems administration and system life-cycle management duties with all components of classified information systems on physical and virtual platforms to include Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, network storage devices, authentication servers, workstations, and data management.
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems, functions, and tools such as RHEL Satellite and Active Directory.
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems.
- Demonstrated ability to apply standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques of technical domain.
- Must be a US citizen with an Active DoD Secret Security Clearance, with the ability to obtain a Top Secret upon hire.
- Knowledge of PowerShell and batch scripting.
- Familiar with US Government policies and directives (e.g., NIST 800-53, NISPOM, JSIG/JFAN, and/or DCID Memorandums)
- Familiarity with Ansible, Aruba switches, and Nimble storage solutions.
- Experience with relevant JSIG/JAFAN or ICD RMF.
- Familiarity with SCC scanner and DISA STIGs.
- Nessus experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.