The Defense Group of Leidos is seeking a senior level Counterintelligence Specialist for its location at USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, Nebraska. The CI Specialist will maintain collaborative global advisory and assistance service relations with Military Defense CI Organizations (MDCO), Subject Matter Experts (SME) and CI and Law Enforcement partners to support USSTRATCOM J2X priority intelligence requirements.
- Create and maintain holistic CI coordination and engagement with Intelligence Community (IC) national defense agencies, Department of Energy (DOE), other combatant commands, Joint Component Commands, mission partners and equity stakeholders to fulfill USSTRATCOM J2X requirements
- Provide defensive CI services on a near daily contact with CI and Intelligence professionals from the Office of Special Investigations, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center, AFGSC, US Transportation Command and other Combatant Commands, Air Force Major Commands and Numbered Air Force.
- Proficient on USSTRATCOM specific critical infrastructure program and mission assurance (MA) databases and applications to maintain acute awareness of USSTRATCOM critical infrastructure, ensuring properly informed and robust engagements between J2X and covering MDCO’s
- Frequently provide J2X1 advice and assistance for CI and HUMINT-related contributions to USSTRATCOM operations orders, fragmentation orders, and execution orders based on operational intelligence and previously held USAF duty positions
- Assist government in creating plausible USSTRATCOM centric exercise scenarios to achieve a desired end-state while minimizing disinterested organizations response actions
- Proactively reports urgent and important CI information, to include threat indication and warning and similar time-sensitive information, using IC analytical tradecraft to assess, characterize and disseminate information to J2X leadership for USSTRATCOM leaders
- Develop and execute tailored processes for defensive CI reviews of command plans
- 4 years of experience with Bachelor's Degree in relative field
- CI specialists shall have qualifications as a current or former credentialed CI Special Agent. Relevant experience shall consist of: 1) experience conducting CI operations, investigations, collection, and/or functional services; experience with CI doctrine, TTP supporting military operations, coordination, integration, and deconflicting of joint CI equities within Joint Staff and/or Combatant Command Areas of Responsibility (AOR), and 2) experience providing CI expertise, staff assistance, and recommendations supporting CI input into operational plans, contingency plans, exercises and military operations.
- CI specialists shall have an intricate understanding of the IC, with specific emphasis on the activities, responsibilities, and missions of the Military Department CI Organization (MDCO) or DIA counterintelligence.
- CI specialists shall have experience serving as a CI staff officer within a Military Department CI Organization (MDCO), DoD Agency, or Combatant Command.
- CI Specialists shall demonstrate specialized training or experience in at least one of the following; DoD nuclear operations; nuclear command, control, and communications (NC3); integrated missile defense (IMD); threats in/from cyberspace to the aforementioned mission equities, and threats in/from supply chains pertaining to STRATCOM systems and acquisitions
- CI Specialists shall possess experience or training performing staff officer/action officer duties in a Joint Environment. Contractors shall possess strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook, and Excel. Highly desired skills include experience creating and modifying wiki-type websites (HTML), such as that used in Intellipedia.
- Bachelors Degree
- 12 years of experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.