The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group has an opening for a Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) Manager for the Global Solution Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. This contract includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation, and support to DISA’s mission partners.
This position is a hybrid role in the Ft. Meade, MD or Scott AFB area. One must live within driving distance of Fort Meade as they will need to be in the office approximately 50% of the time.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for working within a fast paced, Agile team to support the management of requirements, design, integration, and deliver new infrastructure as code automated test functionality and support existing frameworks in the AWS Cloud. This position would support requirements, design, integration, and deployment of new automated capabilities for end users located at Scott AFB/Fort Meade. Specific tasks would include documenting and understanding the as-is processes, developing detailed business process descriptions and performance requirements, and measuring the deployed automation against productivity metrics to demonstrate success. They will be responsible for testing and verification of new capability prior to deployment to production. To accomplish these goals, the successful candidate will demonstrate strong deductive reasoning, attention to detail, persistence, patience, and creativity.
The successful candidate primary responsibility will be:
- Collaborate with process owner(s), technical leads, and a variety of process stakeholders.
- Data gathering, Requirements Definition, Use Case Development, Gap Analysis, Functional Specification, Test Plans, and Design Specification
- Develop business process maps using a standard methodology and toolset
- Support the creation of systems engineering documents and diagrams to support Process development
- Execution of engineering activities, requirements analysis, requirements traceability matrix, implementation planning, third party coordination, integration and test, documentation, deployment, and system assessment.
- Experience with managing test case creation & execution to ensure functionality innovations.
- Provide measurable input to new solutions, processes, or standards to achieve functional/project objectives.
- Collaborating with colleagues to monitor and report technical variances; facilitating resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery
- Continuously monitor, identify risks, and risk mitigations and capture team performance reports
- Quickly adapt to customer dynamic environment and adopt their processes and foster innovative ideas
- Employing SE approach for systems planning design, execution, and sustainment.
- Assisting in defining processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility.
- Collecting metrics for tracking and reporting process workflows, usage, and status throughout the development lifecycle of the implementation
- Author and execute User Acceptance strategies, plans and scripts for the innovation’s deployment
- Adopt to new ways of working, socializing, and collaborating with stakeholders and understanding their business goals
- Support the design and implementation of test cases and testing framework for the instantiation of infrastructure as code in environment to verify the quality of deployed code
- Asking questions & raising concerns as soon as possible without being prompted
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4-8 years of professional experience; or 2-6 years of professional experience with a related master’s degree.
- Hold an active Secret clearance
- Experience in Process Mapping
- Experience in architecture, design, develop, and delivery of data driven operations capabilities, within a DoD environment.
- 3+ years of systems engineering experience
- Requirements traceability for software systems (RVTM)
- Writing software systems engineering documents (SDP, etc.)
- Development software interface documents (IDDs/ICDs)
- Experience working with Linux operating system, and operating system commands
- Knowledge of web services: API, REST
- Experience creating, developing & executing required work tasks to accomplish a project goal
- Experience identifying and tracking related project task dependencies, risks & possible mitigations
- Experience estimating level of effort (hrs./days/resources) to feed a projected project schedule
- Experience working with a highly technical team and in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience with JIRA, Xray, Confluence and Git repo
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, systems engineers, and architects
- Candidate to be able to work with strict deadlines
- Candidate should be able to travel periodically
- Ability to work well/collaborate with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Experience with cloud-based AWS services
- Experience with cloud-based - specifically AWS - enterprise implementations
- Experience with big data applications
- Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps, Configuration as Code, Infrastructure as Code, and CI/CD implementation
- Experience with Elastic / Kibana
- Understanding of network routing devices and network device configurations
- Understanding of ITIL foundation or ITIL certified
- AWS cloud certifications
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.