Leidos is seeking a Software Developer to support development of mission critical applications for a prominent intelligence mission. As a member of the Agile software development team, the Software Developer will develop solutions, workflows, executive scripts, writing code in various languages such as Vue and Python. The ideal candidate has strong experience in modern software development practices and has built distributed, data and transaction intensive applications. The ideal candidate is familiar with the Agile software development life cycle from user requirement generation to automated tests and deployment.
In this role, a portion of the unclassified work can be done remotely, with approval from the prime contractor. In office work will be done in a facility in the Springfield/Alexandria area, with occasional in person meetings at other DC area locations such as Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling AFB and Reston, VA.
- Design, develop and deliver modern secure software applications to enable the intel mission
- Design and develop microservices and APIs to support integration with UI components and other applications
- Design and implement required metadata models using relational and NoSQL databases
- Troubleshoot defects, deduce root cause, and implement mechanisms to prevent reoccurrence and mitigate offshoot issues
- Efficiently divide and conquer software development tasks with other developers
- Actively seek ways to improve business software processes and interactions
- Aid and support the coaching and training of other team members to achieve better quality
- Support grooming of user stories, breakdown development tasks and estimate level of effort
- Employ a test-first development approach and code unit and integration tests to mitigate defect risks
- Apply secure coding practices adhering to OWASP and mitigate vulnerabilities early
- Employ modern event-driven architecture using frameworks like Kafka
- Build reusability in day-to-day development and maintain library of reusable components and services
- Obsess on code quality by continuously monitoring SonarQube reports, performing peer reviews and ensure sufficient test coverage
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related discipline. Years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- 3+ years of experience as Software Engineer developing distributed software applications using modern and open-source technologies and frameworks
- Experience with Linux, Git, Jira, Confluence, and Artifactory
- Experience with frontend unit testing tools, such as Vitest, Peeky, Jest, and Jasmine
- Experience with cloud technologies, such as AWS EC2, S3, RDS, SQS, etc.
- Deep understanding and experience developing Front-end microservices
- Strong data modeling experience with relational (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases
- Strong understanding and knowledge in API best practices – REST
- Has worked in a DevSecOps model and delivered code through CI/CD pipelines
- Familiar and used security and code quality tools like SonarQube, OWASP, and Fortify
- Candidates must already possess an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain a polygraph.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Experience in software development supporting DoD and/or IC
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, and Jenkins
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.