Leidos’ Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) is seeking an experienced Configuration Data Management (CDM) Manager. As a member of the CDM Team, the CDM Manager will work alongside program managers, engineers and actively lead CDM professionals to process hardware and software changes, ensuring accuracy and completeness of drawings, schematics, software and documentation. The ideal candidate will be able to interpret and apply policies, processes, procedures and technical data standards and maintain awareness for continuous improvement opportunities.
This position is based out of Vista CA and offers a hybrid work schedule (3 Days Onsite / 2 Days Telework). Local candidates only (California / San Diego County).
- Provides innovative solutions to highly complex issues.
- Leads the records management function which is responsible for preserving various organizational, business and technical records.
- Ability to apply product lifecycle management (PLM) expertise during planning, data migration, and sustainment phases of implementing process automation functions.
- Provides consultation on configuration management activities related to identification, control and accounting for engineering documents for systems and/or equipment in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Advises on developments of, and participates in usage and testing of Product Lifecycle Management systems and similar enterprise workflow systems.
- Develops, provides, and presents key CDM process metrics and reports to provide strategic insight for process monitoring and development of process improvements for CDM performance, costs, and schedules.
- Maintains CDM procedures to implement and processes engineering drawing and documents to include CDRL and SDRL items for all assigned projects to ensure compliance with policies and scheduling requirements.
- Maintains program delivery schedules: in accordance to contract POP, delivery requirements, milestones, and events.
- Leads Change Control Boards: setting agendas, keeping minutes and tracking action items to completion.
- Establishes procedures to implement and process engineering documents for all assigned projects to ensure compliance with policies and scheduling requirements. Makes recommendations for procedural changes when necessary.
- Reviews and analyzes engineering change data, which may be highly complex, and coordinates changes with engineering, quality assurance and manufacturing to ensure compliance with customer requirements and Company policy.
- Proficiently contributes during the bid, proposal, and execution phases of a contract.
- Drive subcontractor/supplier contract requirements.
- Compiles BOE for LOE and discreet tasks respectively; to include complexity level(s) and justifications
- Regularly communicates CDM program status and risks to program stakeholders, team, and affiliates.
- Establishes work project notifications to assure the accuracy of current contractual reporting requirements.
- Ensures customer requirements are implemented and reviews change accounting activity to ensure compliance with configuration management policies.
- Establishes procedures for storage, retention, destruction/decomition, and archival of company records, processing, filming, storing and retrieving current and historical design, technical and programmatic documents according to project, customer and company practices and requirements.
- Confident in the preparation and execution of functional and physical configuration audits.
- Mitigating risks, developing RTG plans, and tracking action items to closure.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in business administration, engineering, or a related discipline and 4+ years of related experience. Equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Established track record to confidently support, lead, and manage a team successfully is required.
- Disciplined to maintain and manage control/cost accounts.
- Proven ability to contribute to the bid, proposal, execution, and delivery phases of a contract.
- Must have significant CMDM knowledge and experience to provide consultation and/or guidance to direct reports and exercise independent judgment.
- Must have demonstrated ability to monitor daily operations and make sound leadership decisions.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills to interface effectively with all levels of customers and company employees, including upper management.
- Proficient in the fundamental pillars of Configuration Management, CM best practices/industry standards and engineering principles: EIA-649, AS9100, ASME, IEEE, etc.
Leidos' Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) is making travel and trade safer, healthier, and more efficient. The Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) team has developed a suite of integrated solutions for aviation, ports, borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world. The SES product portfolio provides automated threat detection for weapons, narcotics, explosives, contraband, and undeclared goods, as well as nuclear and radioactive materials, by leveraging industry leading screening technologies, AI/ML capabilities and advanced biometric tools. We have more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries, including best-in-class security checkpoint and inspection systems for People, Carry-on and checked baggage, Cargo containers and trucks, Passenger vehicles and Rail cars
Check out the links below to learn more about Security Enterprise Solutions (SES).
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.